View: 402|Reply: 5

Kidney Stone - holy hell!!!

[Copy link]

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
26-11-2019 05:29:41 Mobile | Show all posts |Read mode
Let me say this, do everything you can diet wise to avoid ever getting a kidney stone. It's hands down the most painful thing I've ever experienced.

I have a pretty severe calcium deficiency, it was from having my Thyroid removed. As such I take allot (and I mean allot) of calcium supplements.

Anyway, last night I woke up in pain around 1am, it felt like pretty bad wind at first on my left side. Had a bath and some warm water... Shortly after that I was in absolute agony, curled up in a ball in the corner of a room for 2 hours. Wife came in and found me in a complete mess, rang for ambulance (weve just had a 2nd child a few days earlier, so not a great situation and she didn't know whether my appendix had burst).

Paramedics were great, they wanted to give me morphine as i wasn't making much sense. Steaming with sweat due to the pain. I don't think I've ever had pain causing me lose such a grip on reality and I've been through two pretty painful surgeries before...

So they get my cannular sorted and just before they were about to pump me full of morphine the pain went... Not completely but more discomfort. Still spent night in hospital, CT confirmed a 4.7mm kidney stone and likely the pain was it working it's way through as its basically down by bladder now. Gotta keep an eye that it completely passes or go back in.

I thought I'd share this. I never knew a kidney stone could own you this hard. Pain is mostly gone, still got nausea and feels like a boxer has pummeled my side.

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
26-11-2019 05:29:42 Mobile | Show all posts
I can confirm that gallstones are well up there on the pain threshold. Same symptoms - pain for a couple of hours, then it just disappears as quick as it arrives.

The only good news is that gall bladder removal cures the problem. Not so good news for you, as kidney stones require a change in lifestyle and still reoccur.

Sorry for your pain.
Reply Support Not support

Use magic Report

26-11-2019 05:29:43 Mobile | Show all posts
I'm going on for operation soon for kidney stones.  I have been given a grim negative outlook if it fails.  I have been through a treatment called Lithotripsy for years and the last 2 times they had to stop because my blood pressure went through the roof.  3 years ago after Lithotripsy I was rushed in and was reakly ill with septicemia and nearly never made it.  I was informed by doctors that I was extremely lucky, this time!

This next operation is drastic for me, if it fails.... I'm really really in trouble.  

I prey a lot for help.

Ice

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
26-11-2019 05:29:44 Mobile | Show all posts
Good Luck!!

Use magic Report

26-11-2019 05:29:45 Mobile | Show all posts
Well the time is here now!   Tomorrow I go in for kidney treatment..... Hope it works.

If I said I was worried - that would be the understatement of the year.

Ice

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
26-11-2019 05:29:46 Mobile | Show all posts
I had gallstones too. The Doctors I saw said now they're only removing the bladder in extreme cases and just recommended a low fat diet. My Chiropractor recommended a gall bladder flush, which meant spending a weekend in a near proximity of a toilet but it got the stones out without any pain.

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | register

Points Rules

返回顶部