View: 379|Reply: 2

Treadmill advice please

[Copy link]

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
26-11-2019 05:30:29 Mobile | Show all posts |Read mode
my other half is keen to get into running and has asked for a treadmill for christmas... But which one?
I am reading reviews on amazon/argos and they all seem similar.
Can anyone advise what features i should be looking for, also any recommended makes?
I do not want to spend a fortune was looking at £200-£300 maybe but i know she would be happy with a very decent second hand one if the price was right.
What i dont want to do is buy one and regret its missing features, so any advice would be great.
thanks

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
26-11-2019 05:30:30 Mobile | Show all posts
Before buying go and have a look at them first since most down the price you are looking at are not that good from what I have seen. They are often not well put together or are noisy or do not go that fast. In fact some of them barely got above my easy jog pace.
I would suggest that if she wants to get into running that you spend the £200-300 on some decent trainers and running kit and that she goes outside and runs (maybe even join a local running club since there are quite a few female clubs etc. sprouting up).
I use a treadmill at times but would not have one in the house as I would have no motivation to get on it as it is so boring. Much better being outside and seeing the world go by as you run/jog/walk.
Reply Support Not support

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
 Author| 26-11-2019 05:30:31 Mobile | Show all posts
thanks for the advice, she does already likes walking but with 3 young children can not get out as often as she wants.
I agree with running on a machine will seem boring but i am sure she plans to have it indoors but as you have mentioned this could be noisy!
I will try and find somewhere close that sells them and take a look.
i was hoping for anyone to mention decent makes/models. i know my budget is low but could strike lucky on a second hand one from ebay/gumtree etc, atleast i will know a name to look out for.
thanks
Reply Support Not support

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | register

Points Rules

返回顶部