Author: WorKev

Should I lose more weight?

[Copy link]

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
26-11-2019 05:32:40 Mobile | Show all posts
I would continue with the healthy diet choices. That is a way of life. And maintain an exercise regime as much as you can. But don't calorie count or go hungry. You will probably eat less now you are lighter anyway. Put the scales away unless you notice dramatic changes.
Reply Support Not support

Use magic Report

26-11-2019 05:32:40 Mobile | Show all posts
yep, it's all about perception I think... but that is light for what I'd say is your age and height etc...I'd personally take heed of what your wife says...

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
26-11-2019 05:32:41 Mobile | Show all posts
I am actually in a similar position. I'm 55, and 5ft 8ins. During my teens and 20's, I was pretty skinny (I've always had a light build). Maybe around 10 stone. Then as I got older I put on weight and was averaging around 11st or so. I took early retirement December last year, and decided I needed to make some major lifestyle changes. I was 11st 4lbs at the time. I was never unfit, but certainly not fit!
I always used to swim once or twice a week, 1250 metres a time. I increased this to 6 times a week, 1600 metres a time. When I was working, I was on expenses when travelling, and often had a Burger King or similar for lunch. That stopped, and I just had fruit. I do some voluntary work now, 3 afternoons a week (after my swim!) and that's all standing up and moving around, so I guess burning more calories. And the big one - I stopped drinking alcohol. Completely. And don't miss it a bit.
The net result of all this is my weight plummeted in 3-4 months. It went down to 9st 5lbs. I felt great, but I just knew it was too low.
I think that cutting the Burger Kings out for simply fruit was too much. Fruit's great of course, but I wasn't getting enough from it. So I keep the fruit now as snacks in the day, and have some tuna (or similar) sandwiches for lunch after my swim.
I'm now at around 9 stone 10 lbs, on my way to a target of around 10 stone. I realise my body will find it's own weight though, so I'm not too concerned.
I still feel fantastic, and the best thing is my routine has become part of my life. I love my swim, I can't wait to do my voluntary work, and don't miss my beers.
The down side - the cost of a whole new wardrobe.

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
I weigh 16 stone now and 5ft 8 but have put on weight due to the medications I am on, I used to weigh 9 and a half stone.  The weight has slowly gained for about 4 years now.  Any pointer or tips on losing weight?  Cheers.

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
Hard to know what to recommend as depends on your current lifestyle and diet etc. However in general eat less and do more will work. There really is no magic answer but if you control your diet and burn more calories then will lose weight. Given your weight increase has been slow then it would suggest you only need a small change to reverse it.

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
I'm 5' 10" and was 10.5 stone during my early teens. I'm 55 now and last year my weight peaked at 18.5 stone. Admitting I needed to address it was a turning point. I drank too much and ate too much of the wrong things. Plus did no exercise to talk of.

Now I'm 12 stone and feel amazing. Went down three trouser sizes and choose medium or small instead of XL in clothes. And the self-confidence has gone through the roof!

I lost most of my weight early on. Simply watching what I ate, starting a cardio class several times a week and cutting right back on the drinking.

It is hugely motivating seeing the weight come off. And people started to notice very quickly. It really gave me a boost. I also started running, though this has become less these days as I'm trying to build a little muscle.

Anyway, making sustainable changes is key. No point in skipping a meal and feeling hungry all day and giving in. Start with breakfasts. I have three weetabix, banana, 0% fat greek yoghurt with some blueberries or other fruit. And then maybe some granary toast if I'm still hungry. It keeps me going and allows me to make sensible choices at lunchtime.

Have smaller portion sizes. That's an easy change. Choose a baked potato instead of chips. Chicken instead of lamb etc. And get used to some exercise regime. Find a cardio class or swim. That just becomes a regular feature and becomes part of your life.

Focus on changes, not losing weight. You will get there.

Good luck!

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
Excellent post and Mr Blue Max is the real deal and has successfully controlled and changed his life and body. Fantastic achievement. I remember some of the early posts....

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
26-11-2019 05:32:42 Mobile | Show all posts
Most kind of you Shodan. Really appreciate that.

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
You should get the recognition and credit you deserve mate.
When I was young, up to mid 20s, I was lean, fit, muscular and strong from years sports. And I didn't understand how people could get fat, or get really big without knowing or being in denial.
Then life happened to me and I became fat and was in denial. Made excuses tried to convince myself that it was OK and I was happy like that.
Then i realised that I was that person. One of the things that made me realise it, was when people at work joked about me being fat, they weren't joking, they were taking me about the fact.

So I've got fit(yet) and lost a load of weight, but I've still got a long way to go. My top abs show through now, but that just highlights the spare tyre that covers the other bottom two pairs of abs. It's not that I don't have abs and muscle, it's just that they are still a little covered.  
So now I understand the work and effort it takes to lose fat and change your body, people who accomplish it should get the cudos for it!

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
Very true mate and kudos to you too. I thought my flabby skin was as a result of losing so much weight, but alas, it's just more fat to lose I think. But I'm determined to shift it. Still makes me smile when I'm in the shower and my body feels hard. Circuits tonight though

Just another thought - it is usual for women to worry about their weight, but men 'get away' with it. It's shrugged off with humour usually. It's good that men discuss it.

Use magic Report

123Next
Back New
You have to log in before you can reply Login | register

Points Rules

返回顶部