View: 396|Reply: 7

Stupid bloody injuries

[Copy link]
26-11-2019 05:33:21 Mobile | Show all posts |Read mode
I haven't been in the gym for about 6 weeks or so now, had some exams that took preference as I was on courses and then revision and then the actual exam.

Tomorrow was meant to be a fresh start, get in the gym for an hour at 6.30am and then back in the evening for a weights session. Really get back in and hit it hard.

I was in the bathroom earlier, looking in the mirror and I ran my fingers through my hair, and just as I got to the end of my hair I felt a pop in my side and have some how managed to pull a muscle which has left me in agony, especially when I lay down and have to get back up.

I can't believe it. I seem to suffer from these injuries every few months and they are infuriating. If I did it whilst lifting heavy I could accept it a bit more, but I did it my touching my head

Previously I popped my chest muscle closing the fridge.

I am so gutted and it's probably going to be another week out of the gym.

Rant over!!

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
26-11-2019 05:33:22 Mobile | Show all posts
Too much hair gel?[emoji23]
Reply Support Not support

Use magic Report

26-11-2019 05:33:23 Mobile | Show all posts
yep, I was puting some boots on around a month ago - was sitting on the bed and as I raised my upper body up and turned my back went... and no kettlebells for a month (well, 2 weeks, as after that was bank holiday and I was away last week) - and did some gym sessions, but felt weak at kettlebells on monday...

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
26-11-2019 05:33:24 Mobile | Show all posts
I shouldn't take the mick, my back went into spasm unplugging a phone charger! Week off work on diazapam. What a fantastic week!

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
26-11-2019 05:33:25 Mobile | Show all posts
got a back spasm last might, holy moly! no sleep, could barely move
managed to shuffle into work today, but i sit at a desk so not too bad
if i was doing anything else there'd be no hope
how long do they last

Use magic Report

26-11-2019 05:33:26 Mobile | Show all posts
the problem I had was when I lay down it was fine, but sitting in the car (1 hour commute each way) and at my desk most of the working day made it all stiff again... took me over a week last time...

Use magic Report

Author| 26-11-2019 05:33:27 Mobile | Show all posts
mine is just about ok now, still nervous when brushing my hair/teeth/sneezing etc lol.

soooo, after a long hiatus, back in the gym tonight from about 6pm for an hour and a half and see how i get on. will be cardio and warm up and then OHP with assistance exercises and then will finish off with some light weight high volume bench as aiming to bench twice a week now - once heavy and low reps and the other the opposite.

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
26-11-2019 05:33:28 Mobile | Show all posts
nice ^
i've probably a few days of this to go before it eases. going to try get a warm bath tonight
i'm walking like a duck
i've actually been doing back strengthening exercises ironically, past few weeks
didn't think i was over doing it , highly unpleasant in any case

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | register

Points Rules

返回顶部