123456Next
Back New
Author: leeince

Building a home gym, advice needed please.

[Copy link]

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
 Author| 26-11-2019 05:35:08 Mobile | Show all posts
the internal depth is only 2.3m due to the thick walls and the way it is constructed.

I think my floor will be strong enough:

19mm T&G
8mm Laminate with an underlay
12mm stable matt
= 39mm.

I might chat with the chippie and see about putting ply and Matts down.

I will save about £320 on the 19mm TandG and laminate by doing this, I can't imagine the ply being that expensive.

it's shame I'm stuck with 15 square meters and a 2.5m ridge restriction due to planning, I would like a little more height and size!!!
Reply Support Not support

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
 Author| 26-11-2019 05:35:09 Mobile | Show all posts
The dunster unit at the same spec as the Winchester comes out a couple of hundred more.

I'm going to read some more reviews I think.

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
 Author| 26-11-2019 05:35:10 Mobile | Show all posts
the internal depth of the Dunster Severn is 2.77, so I'm would be nicking an extra 440mm almost half! meter.

it's going cost a couple of hundred more but probably worth it. I'm sure I can get both companies to do a deal, maybe I can get Dunster to knock some off, its worth a ago.

Use magic Report

26-11-2019 05:35:11 Mobile | Show all posts
No harm in asking them I haven't had a chance to read through all the trust pilot reviews of them yet, there were a fair few bad ones, some mention of installation and customer services lacking.

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
 Author| 26-11-2019 05:35:12 Mobile | Show all posts
I just read through a few of them myself and I'm in two minds.

I wouldn't be paying them to install so thats not a worry but If I do have any issues it seems their after sales is very poor!

I can't believe how much depth I lose on the same size billyho from buildings direct, I would rather order the Winchester  if I'm honest but don't think I can suffer losing the extra 400mm depth!!

I won't be get getting my Base done until the end of May so I've got time to keep looking!

I will keep you posted!!

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
 Author| 26-11-2019 05:35:13 Mobile | Show all posts
what do you think of this cabin:

PremiumPlus Beelonga Sunlight W5.0m x D3.0m | Log Cabins

The Beelonga is the same size as the Severn but the roof is layed out the other way with the ridge running across the 5m width from left to right.

This means I could have the rack at one end and the treadmill at the other where the eaves height isnt a problem. I would then have all the space in the middle for the bench and the back wall for mirrors and other bits.

The internal depth is also bigger than the Winchester.

What do you think?

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
 Author| 26-11-2019 05:35:14 Mobile | Show all posts
A quick plan showing the internal dimensions of the Beelonga.

This shows the treadmill folded up inside the cabin and it folded down outside to give you an idea. It will be folded when not in use if need be.

With them in these positions I am getting the maximum ceiling height with the ridge on this building running down the centre from left to right. My only concern is the purling's but I think it will be ok, I might call them and see what the height is to the underside of the purling's in all positions from the 19mm floor, this will also give me an idea on what their customer service is like.

I'm really liking the look of this cabin and with the treadmill folded and the bench moved inside the frame I would actually have quite a lot of space in the centre.

What are your thoughts on this option?

Use magic Report

26-11-2019 05:35:15 Mobile | Show all posts
The layout looks good there, looks to be good space, and if their measurements are correct you would hope it would work for the treadmill as long as the incline isn't too high.  I can't see internal ridge heights on the specs only a 'ridge height' of 2450, and on their pdf the external eaves heigh is stated as two different values, 2250 and 2135.

If you assume 2 inches off the ridge height (same as the difference between the eaves internal and external) it leaves 2400.  Take off the previous requirement of 2120.4mm leaves 279.6, but that's dead centre and a 3 inch incline.  Even with another 6 inch incline (152.4mm) leaves 127.2mm.

All dependant on the angle of drop from the ridge as to how claustrophobic and close it may feel haha.

I'm still a bit worried about the reviews, found another thread on moneysavingexpert Dunster House Log Cabnis, nice cabin shame about the ingrained dirt - MoneySavingExpert.com Forums

And the fact that all these bad comments on trustpilot and MSE, they don't seem to have any negative ones on their site, which makes me think they filter out bad reviews, which in turn makes me wonder about the company itself.

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
 Author| 26-11-2019 05:35:16 Mobile | Show all posts
Thanks again mate, top man.

I'm going to call them today and see what they come across like on the phone. I deal with suppliers on a daily basis so I should get a good idea.

When it's all done and up and running if you ever find yourself in the Waltham Abbey area you.will have to pop round for a train!

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
 Author| 26-11-2019 05:35:17 Mobile | Show all posts
I just called and spoke to them, at first I pretended to be a customer with a short delivery and I was told that I would need to email customer services and that someone would contact me the same day. Not an ideal scenario but they do it this way so that there is a paper trail and everything is documented which I get.

I then spoke to a guy in sales who I told about the poor reviews and he was well aware of them but couldn't comment on them because he didn't have the details.

I work in sales and I know people only shout when things go wrong and when their happy they say nothing because that is what is expected.

I've come away from the calling still with doubts but I think I would be happy enough to go with them and just make sure I'm all over them.

While I was speaking to Simon I got him to go out into the showroom and do some measurements and the height from the floor to the centre pulling is 2180mm so that rack will just squeeze under it.

There are then 2 other pulling lower than this that have a height of 2000m from the under side to the floor.

Problem I have now is that the rack I was looking at is 1370mm wide and the space between the 2 x 2m high purling is 1300mm, so I don't. think my rack will fit!!

Use magic Report

123456Next
Back New
You have to log in before you can reply Login | register

Points Rules

返回顶部