View: 374|Reply: 3

Wisdom Tooth Extraction

[Copy link]

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
26-11-2019 05:35:26 Mobile | Show all posts |Read mode
A few years ago I had to have an impacting Wisdom tooth removed from the lower left side. It was a botch job that damaged my nerve, and left me with some partial paralysis to my lower face. The pain I had when the tooth was removed was unbearable.

I am now getting the same pain I initially experienced on my upper right side and believe my Wisdom tooth there is now impacting too.

I am very apprehensive to follow the same course as last time however. And was wondering if anyone has paid privately for such a procedure? How much did it cost? Waiting time etc?

I'm going to have a look around the internet today, but asking here to see if anyone has any experience with this. Hopefully positive too!

Thanks,

Rich.

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
26-11-2019 05:35:27 Mobile | Show all posts
Upper wisdom teeth ( generally ) come out a whole lot easier than the bottom ones. Generally there is more tooth to get at and your skull is much more solid than your jaw for levering them out. I have had both sides out and both were effectively painless.
Reply Support Not support

Use magic Report

26-11-2019 05:35:28 Mobile | Show all posts
Be careful with comparing teeth extractions: no two are the same.   I recently had 2 wisdom teeth removed (privately, around £175 each), one took 10 minutes, the other nearly 2 hours.  The dentist even considered stopping part way through, stitching me up and sending me to the local hospital to have the extraction finished under general anaesthetic.  He was surprised how easy the quick extraction was, and equally surprised at what he described as one of his toughest extractions whether under general or local.  I was in a mess for around a week afterwards, and took heavy duty painkillers (with antibiotics) for three weeks.

Try and ensure the dentist is a maxiofacial expert and has a good record of dental surgery.  My dentist works at the local hospital so has varied experience of all sorts of issues.

Numbness in the bottom lip is very common after lower wisdom teeth extraction, and usually dissipates over time.  Also, the 'opposing teeth' after an extraction have nothing to bite against so often will cause grief/pain, especially through inflections - don't just assume you have another impacted tooth: that should have shown up on the x-rays prior to your other extractions.

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
26-11-2019 05:35:29 Mobile | Show all posts
Yep, not sure if to get one of mine removed. Asked a dentist who said the tooth was okay, but the gum around it gets inflamed pretty often with a bit of jaw pain

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | register

Points Rules

返回顶部