View: 399|Reply: 7

Can someone help a noob's exercise/diet/supplement plan please!

[Copy link]
26-11-2019 05:40:48 Mobile | Show all posts |Read mode
Hi all,

Been trying to read as much as I can but it's getting to a point where it's become a little overwhelming and my goals have changed since I started and I'm not sure what I should be doing any more so any advice would be most welcomed!

I'm about 5'9", was quite skinny (probably still am) weighing around 74kg as of today.  Think I was about 72kg about a year ago.  I'd like to add just a few kilos of muscle if possible but not sure if it's achieveable given I only train twice a week (all free weights like bicep curls, shoulder flies etc and mainly compound exercises like press ups, chin ups etc).

Due to being a dad, job etc.. I can only work out in my garage twice a week for about an hour.  Initially, my goals were to just get 'a bit fitter' but now I'd like to add more muscle and try to get a more athletic physique if I can.  I won't be able to increase the number of times I can exercise because of my responsibilities but I can adjust what I eat.  

Lately, I have been trying to eat more muscle building foods but recently discovered that I'm magnesium deficient (from the various symptoms I've been experiencing). I could be deficient in a number of other vitamins and minerals too which leads me to this:

What sort of supplements should I take and when should I take them?

BCAA tablets?
ZMA tablets? (to address my magnesium deficiency)
Some other multi-vitamin supplement?

Any advice/help will be greatly appreciated! Thanks in advance!

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
26-11-2019 05:40:49 Mobile | Show all posts
Speak with Eve at MEAN Training, I can highly recommend her, incredibly knowledgeable and probably fitter and stronger than most blokes in most gyms. Having a professional get you off to the right start is a huge help and it will allow you to educate yourself to what works much quicker.

MEAN it!
Reply Support Not support

Use magic Report

Author| 26-11-2019 05:40:50 Mobile | Show all posts
Many thanks Charlts.. may give her a go

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
26-11-2019 05:40:50 Mobile | Show all posts
Be well worth discussing what she can help you with as an online client, as I say I cannot speak highly enough of her.

Use magic Report

Do more compound exercises - isolation movements like bicep curls aren't a good use of your time if you only have 2 sessions per week. I'm pretty sure there's a westside routine that's 2 days per week so maybe look that up. Nutrition is everything - 1lb protein per 1lb of bodyweight if you're serious about progressing (very approx. and depends on various factors but it's generally a good starting point).

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
That's a lot of protein! I love my meat/fish but would struggle to eat my own bodyweight each day! Unless of course you mean 1gram per pound?

Use magic Report

26-11-2019 05:40:51 Mobile | Show all posts
Huge Online Supplement Store & Fitness Community!  ITS ALL YOU NEED AND ITS ALL FREE GOOD LUCK !!
should keep you busy over xmas lol....

Use magic Report

26-11-2019 05:40:51 Mobile | Show all posts
Haha!!

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | register

Points Rules

返回顶部