View: 367|Reply: 2

Shoulder Subluxation (partial shoulder dislocation)

[Copy link]

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
26-11-2019 05:42:26 Mobile | Show all posts |Read mode
was having shoulder problems from last November which prevented me from lifting anything slightly heavy, so stopped lifting weights.

Took about 6 months for hospital appointed to come through in May, where i was told that one shoulder is sitting further forward than the other so space between the shoulder and arm was reduced which was the cause of the pain.

had 7 appointments, massaged shoulder in each and was shown exercises to do, internal and external rotations with bands.

when lifting anything slightly heavy or raising my right arm above shoulder height, the pain would be quite bad.  Driving was long was difficult.  Started lifting light dumbbells this month and since then pain has eased a lot but should still clicks a lot when rotating the arm and can cause a pop when going from one exercise to the next.

was discharged by the hospital physio this week who said before discharging me that i have a slight dislocation, that my shoulder pops out slightly then back in.  Said to continue what I was doing and that by strenghtening the shoulder it most likely will fix it

has anyone here suffered something similiar and been able to correct it

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
26-11-2019 05:42:27 Mobile | Show all posts
Have something similar. Hurt my shoulder reaching back to adjust pillow getting into bed. While never bad enough for hospital treatment, I did have to abandon weights but on trawling the Net found a number of exercises that seemed to help; Yoga and some Tai Chi movements that I was already using. I found a book on Amazon called " Healing Yoga for Neck and Shoulder Pain". A used copy cost about £6 and I believe that they still a couple left.
    I'm now back on light weights, high reps ( I apply Voltarol gel before working out ) but returning to normal appears to be a very long process.
    Still, I'm getting there and hope that this helps.
Reply Support Not support

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
26-11-2019 05:42:28 Mobile | Show all posts
I suffered a full dislocation a couple of years ago. Getting discharged by the NHS is only the beginning. You absolutely have to do your exercises religiously for months. Its not so much the big easy to strengthen muscles that are the problem its other ones that stabilize the joint and give you full range of movement.

I didn't keep it up and tailed off when I found I could do most stuff OK.
My shoulder / arm stayed really weak in certain positions. It was only this year I knuckled down and got better strength and range of movement into it. If you don't persevere you will adapt your movement to paper over the weaknesses

My advice. Shell out on a private physio and keep exercising.
Reply Support Not support

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | register

Points Rules

返回顶部