Dave
Reply Support Not support

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
26-11-2019 05:54:00 Mobile | Show all posts
not sure how you feel about this one, but are you addicted to anything? It sounds like it's more the effort of making and preparing food that's the problem. Perhaps a break from the internet may help?

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
 Author| 26-11-2019 05:54:01 Mobile | Show all posts
I love making and preparing food!
It's the eating part I don't enjoy
It's once the food is made then I start eating it the realisation kicks in that I don't want it, or that it wasn't what I wanted.
So it's not a problem of the time/effort/having to make or prepare something that is the issue, the problem stilll lies if someone else cooks for me too, I usually let them decide for me providing it's something I don't dislike I'll eat it, but usually wont be too intersted in what i'm eating

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
26-11-2019 05:54:01 Mobile | Show all posts
I know where you are coming from. I had a period when I just couldn't be bothered eating anything my wife prepared. Ended up eating 4/5 Chinese take-aways a week, because it was the only thing I had a taste for.

The good news is that it was a phase and has passed, partly due to me not wanting to spend £40 a week on Chinese food, but mostly because my wife changed her cooking style and prepares fresher meals now, rather than convenience foods that we just heated in the oven (breaded kievs etc).

Edit....re-reading that it sounds like I'm blaming my wife .....that wasn't the case!

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
26-11-2019 05:54:02 Mobile | Show all posts
I sometimes eat because I have too, not because I want too...

Like sitting in front of a computer and looking at the time I see its 12 or 1pm and know I should go and have something to eat  (I have to eat regularly or else I could make myself ill)  and often when I get into the kitchen I just can not be bothered even cooking anything, but I still do though...

What's working for me the last couple of days / week, is trying new things, or cooking things I have not eaten in months/years.

Recently I made a chicken casserole with dumplings and its was delicious (making it again this weekend hopefully) and for lunch I had tuna and mayo sarnies for the first time in about 8months, I know the sarnie isn't much but a change from the norm has helped me a lot lately.

Plus keeping away from the quick easy freezer food has also helped as I'm not a great lover of that kinda stuff, even though it is convenient. Its just getting off my lazy fat female bum which is the only thing stopping me from cooking more meals from scratch, but I'm getting there, and I feel a little healthier for it too which isn't a bad thing at all...

Hopefully there is some light at the end of the food tunnel for you soon, as there was for me...

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
26-11-2019 05:54:03 Mobile | Show all posts
I have been like you my whole life, food is just fuel to me most of the time.

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
26-11-2019 05:54:03 Mobile | Show all posts
Are you eating the same old stuff week after week pasta lasagne curry
It really does sound like your bored of the food you eat not what everyone else is eating what meals do you cook regularly do you have a certain meal once a week.

Sometimes being a little naughty helps or if im ill i will remember what comfort food i like, also sometimes food just goes with other things so a curry and a bottle of beer tatses much better than a curry and a glass of water or juice.

Fish Chips and mushy peas really need to enjoyed with soft bread and butter and a pot of tea with lashings of salt and vinegar

But if your bored of food then you really need to branch out and try some new tastes or go old skool cheap food cant beat a pan of Tata Ash

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
26-11-2019 05:54:04 Mobile | Show all posts
That is what it sounds like to me. Having the same stuff over and over again gets boring quick. Partly why I don't eat Indian food that much. There is only so much dhal/gobi/paneer/massir/dhey and roti/parothas I can take. I personally love English food. Nothing beats Shepard's Pie

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
26-11-2019 05:54:04 Mobile | Show all posts
Red Cabbage and Beetroot with bread and butter salt and pepper and some brown sauce Mmmmmmm

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
 Author| 26-11-2019 05:54:06 Mobile | Show all posts
It's not the food I'm bored of because I can go out and order the same thing, so I assume it's the way it's made/tastes.
Which is perhaps why I'm looking at getting new ingredients, I had spag bol last night for the first time in a while (since I posted a thread on here asking about parmesan whenever that was) and I didn't enjoy it in the slightest, I have no idea why, after the first few mouthfuls I ended up going back to the kitchen for some chilli flakes to sprinkle over it which did help a little but not to the point of enjoying it.

I never have a certain meal on a certain day or even every week, not even Sunday roast - I hate having food dictated in such a way, I like the choice, but lately it's the choice that is bothering me.

Popped by the Asian supermarket and picked up a few bits so hopefully I can find some recipes and knock together something new.

I get the feeling it's just a phase, or something to do with the change in weather/temperature - I never deal too well when the warmth starts to come back, so I'm hoping it'll pass soon.

Will be attempting Teriyaki chicken tonight with noodles

Use magic Report

12345Next
Back New
You have to log in before you can reply Login | register

Points Rules

返回顶部