12Next
Back New
View: 563|Reply: 19

Unhappy with current setup - suggestions..

[Copy link]

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
26-11-2019 20:42:24 Mobile | Show all posts |Read mode
Currently using istick 30 with Aspire nautilus and 1.8 coils. I generally vape at 16w. Anything less, no flavour.

I've been to 2 different shops near me for liquid and I'm finding that they seem to lose their flavours quite quickly.

Also the tank seems to gurgle every now and then so I clean it out with kitchen roll and then all is ok for a while.

Today, i've been vaping quite happily, refill the tank, and now there is little or no flavour. I changed the coil on Saturday.

I'm not sure if the liquid is sh*t, the tank is sh*t or the coils are sh*t but I'm finding this is happening quite often so I'm looking to change tanks.

I don't want massive clouds as I vape at home when the wife is out at work and then again when she's gone to bed.

Flavours - I had a blueberry flavour with a bit of menthol which I loved but the shop don't stock it any more. Now I'm on a Frosted Candy which, when I can get flavour, is lovely.

Use magic Report

26-11-2019 20:42:25 Mobile | Show all posts
If you have just one flavour you find the taste disappears quite quickly for some flavours so I have 5 or 6 flavours on the go.
I like to change my cotton and clean the coil between flavour changes or even when I feel the flavour has dipped. Easy to do on a rebuildable but coils like on my Cubis need changing once they get messy and some liquids will gunk cotton and coil quicker than others.
My old Kayfun was good for taste and I think the newer versions still give off nice flavour but they are rebuildable and not a quick swap coil replacement.
If I'm honest I would say for taste and to keep it maintained the best option is a rebuildable. Costs pennies to clean and swap cotton.
However I stick to my Cubis which is ok, not the best but is leak free for my day out at work vape where my Steam Craves would leak like crazy if I had them in my pocket. The Steam however is a much better vape but mines at .19 and dual coil.
We all have different tastes when it comes to ecig mods and attys so hopefully others will pop in with a suggestion but if you wanted a nice taste and don't mind rebuilding then a Kayfun in one of its form would be worth considering.
Reply Support Not support

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
 Author| 26-11-2019 20:42:26 Mobile | Show all posts
If I was to go with a rebuildable what other bits would I need.

I've just seen the Kayfun Mini 3 and from the review I read it seems that it would be a good one with no big clouds.

The cubis also looks like a nice tank with the top fill. I've also seen a newer Aspire with top fill - the Triton Mini.

Top filling seems like a good idea because when I refill my nautilus I have to unscrew it and then leave my tank upside down. I've knocked it over several times and spilt juice all over the place.

Use magic Report

26-11-2019 20:42:27 Mobile | Show all posts
So many tanks to pick that is hard to know what's what.
Cubis is the nice and quick coil swap but some don't get on with them while others do. Can get a bit of spit back after filling tank but that soon goes.
For rebuildable so you just need a few tools, wire either pre wound or straight allowing you to wind it to the resistance you want and cotton. The learning curve is thickness of wire, diameter and winds to create your resistance that you wish to use.
I've got some Kuro wire winders that come in different diameters which are used to wind your wire but to be honest I took my bros advice and got some alien wire pre wound coils and last for ages and so I just replace the cotton when needed.
Have a YouTube search for wire winding which is the easiest way to see what it's about.
The only attys I use are a very old Mark T dripper, an old Kayfun lite, Cubis and 2 Steam Craves. The Mark T has lovely flavour but is old and the draw is so tight it's uncomfortable plus it's in the day of high resistance coils, the old Kayfun had a sweet spot of 1.5ohms and was nice but it was an early design and a tight draw plus would leak ever so often.
Have to say I love my Steam Craves, the supreme has a large deck to build on too but is more suited to twin coils and does well are low resistance. Mine is .19 and does produce a lot of flavour and vapour.

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
26-11-2019 20:42:29 Mobile | Show all posts
Personally never had any issues with my nautilus and probably been thru 50  coils mayb lot more in its time, never had gurguling either its a great tank.
Im on my last coil of my nautilus and it still get used daily despite using my RDAs and TFV8 huge clouds guzzling juice etc i still love the nautilus.

Are the kayfuns mouth to lung? New one the 5? Since im used to building now and on last coil of nautilus i fancy trying something else.

OP could try one of the pro tanks from naturevape they are pretty good.

Use magic Report

26-11-2019 20:42:30 Mobile | Show all posts
I think the new Kayfun can be used both ways.

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
 Author| 26-11-2019 20:42:30 Mobile | Show all posts
What juice do you use? And are you on 1.8 coils?

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
26-11-2019 20:42:31 Mobile | Show all posts
Yeah 1.8, using simple DIY peppermint in it at the moment. Flavour from vampire vape peppermint rock, but used allsorts of juice in it over couple yesrs or so.
The 1.2ohm claptons ftom the triton mini (same nautilus design coils) are very nice give them a try.

As long as wipe the threads on coil after filling up and not get any juice down the airflow  u should not get any bubbling or gurgling.

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
 Author| 26-11-2019 20:42:32 Mobile | Show all posts
Maybe that's what I'm doing wrong then. I usually put a couple of drops into the coil to prime the cotton.

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
26-11-2019 20:42:33 Mobile | Show all posts
I'd definitely look at cycling through a few flavours on your juice as well. I went through the same thing when I first started vaping (had a Nautilus as well - good tank). I even think I posted on here about it.

I'd find a juice I loved and thought I could stick with and a week later it tasted of nothing.
Once I learnt to beat the dreaded vapours tongue by finding around 5 juices I loved and cycling them I never had a repeat. Always good to throw something with menthol into that mix as well as it really helps !

Use magic Report

12Next
Back New
You have to log in before you can reply Login | register

Points Rules

返回顶部