View: 440|Reply: 7

Advice Please

[Copy link]
26-11-2019 20:45:59 Mobile | Show all posts |Read mode
Hi,

decided it was about time to go down the vaping route so after some research here and elsewhere opted for iStick 30W with the Nautilus tank, was vaping at about 17W but found it a bit harsh. All seemed sort of OK but never really found a good enough hit and the tank leaked on occasion.

So on the advice of my local vape shop purchased a Kangertech TopBox Mini kit which was sub ohm with one of the 0.5 coils. Was vaping at about 40W, OK hit not great a bit harsh could have been smoother. Although a top filler tank it still leaked because you could still undo the bottom to replace coils.

So then got me a Corsair tank from TotallyWicked, sealed bottom, top filler, SS316 coils. It arrived today and I put the SS316 0.6 ohm coil in, after priming, filled to a lot less than the max. Was unsure of what to set the Kanger to so left it on basic wattage mode, not temp which I hear is good. Damn thing spluttered for a while at 20W, took a drag and got little to nothing. Altered the air flow, got nothing, altered back took a drag and now have a burnt lip as hot juice fired out.

At my wits end here, must be missing something very simple.

Can someone please recommend a top filling tank and possibly new battery / mod which simply works, gives a good hit, not harsh and doesn't spill juice all over the place.

No doubt this has all been asked before and I'll yet again go trawling to find some words of wisdom. In the meantime if anyone has any ideas then please chip in before my lungs cave in with the stinkies.

Many thanks,
KH

Use magic Report

26-11-2019 20:46:00 Mobile | Show all posts
That's the Cubis tank which I use a lot while out and about. The only time I get a very tiny bit of spit and I mean just a hint is after filling it.
What juice are you using? I tend to use a 65% VG mix so it's a bit thicker and not as harsh as a thinner PG mix.
I also stick with 6mg of nicotine as I get on well with that for my .5, 1.0 and 1.5 coils.
The mod I use is the Joyetech VTC Mini which is a good match.
I've not tried the .6 coils but have you tried any of the other coils that came with the tank?
The tanks are ok, not as nice as my Steam crave but that's a build your coil job and the Cubis tank is leak free so far.
When you fill it and you get that full of liquid start off that will soon disappear after a few pulls. Perhaps it's more to do with the liquid mix you are using?
Reply Support Not support

Use magic Report

Author| 26-11-2019 20:46:01 Mobile | Show all posts
Thanks for replying Newfie.

it's a 50/50 PG/VG mix, 6mg nic.

I'll be trying the other coils, and also doing research into why the tank which came with the TopBox Mini kit was leaking so badly.

As you can imagine, there's no way I'm at the build your own coil stage yet. Just need to get these basics out of the way first.

Cheers,
KH

Use magic Report

26-11-2019 20:46:02 Mobile | Show all posts
Might pay to go for a higher VG and a little lower on the nicotine to see if that kills the harsh taste.
It does take some getting use to, all tanks have plus and minus points and it's just getting use to them.
I tend run the coils in at the lower end of the watts then ramp it up a bit.
With a higher VG it should help to lower that spitting.

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
26-11-2019 20:46:02 Mobile | Show all posts
Really surprised you have had a nautilus leak, ive had the same one for ages and must have been thru 100 coils and it never leaks.
One of my uwell crowns began to leak but must mean time to swap out the o ring set. Only leak ive ever had.

Ive been extremly impressed with my melo 3 mini tank. Top fill, hidden airflow, small tho only 2ml but takes 10 secs to top up so dont really matter. 50/50 juice is gonna be bit harsh in sub ohm. 70vg/30 or higher is perfect.
Always give new coils plenty soak time and ease into it from low watts up. Can take a fair while to get sub ohm coils going.

Use magic Report

Author| 26-11-2019 20:46:03 Mobile | Show all posts
Found a nice little video last night on Toptank mini and potential leaks and it may come down to the coil being used. There's a small piece of wire sitting just below the bottom sealant o-ring, push this in and job's a good 'un.

Apparently more than a few people have noticed this issue...                                
So new Ni coil in, after checking for this wire and right enough it was sticking out somewhat so pushed it back under the bottom plate. The coil uses temperature control.

No leaks so far - And I'm finding the temperature control so much smoother than previously messing about with watts / voltages. Coil is 0.15 ohm I believe.

If this continues, i.e. lack of leak then I'll be happy. Noted about the higher vg/pg though guys, thanks.

Cheers,
KH

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
26-11-2019 20:46:04 Mobile | Show all posts
I have used the uwell crown and wismec jaybo for sometime and get no leaking. Also the coils last 3 to 4 weeks. In the past i used a kbox nano with stock occ coils but it was always leaking and was not top fill.

Plus the the tank was low capacity. Cannot recommend the uwell crown enough imo.

Use magic Report

Author| 26-11-2019 20:46:05 Mobile | Show all posts
Thanks Hoops, I'll have a look at it but at the moment, after looking at the vid above, the top tank I have is working well with no leaks.

Cheers,
KH

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | register

Points Rules

返回顶部