12Next
Back New
View: 651|Reply: 18

pg intolerance, give up vaping?

[Copy link]
26-11-2019 20:54:07 Mobile | Show all posts |Read mode
So I've been vaping for about two months now. I moved from be a smoker of about 5 Marlboro reds a day to vaping 18mg eliquid using the one kit from ukecigstore.

After a couple of days of first vaping 18mg I seemed to have aching muscles all over and a nauseous feeling which I put down to the nicotine hit being too strong, so I tried 1.2mg and also 0.8mg but they were just as bad and didn't give a satisfying throat hit either. I also tried various sweet, fruit, menthol and tobacco flavours. After searching online I found that some people can have an intolerance to propyline glycol which would give the symptoms I described no matter what the nicotine strength. So I tried some 100% vg eliquid but that doesn't give any throat hit at all which is a huge thing for me, so as far as I can see I have three options: put up with the aching and nausea, live with the non existent throat hit or go back to analogues.

Can anyone give me advice on what I might be able to do or buy that could help? I really want vaping to work for me...I don't want to go back to smoking.

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
26-11-2019 20:54:08 Mobile | Show all posts
I would personal try switching to something you dont expect TH from I know suicide bunny do 100% vg and Mothers Milk and OB are the ones id advise you too try from that range,  goose juice is also a good one.

I think the sacrifice of TH is a small price to pay personally for better health,  not stinking like a old ashtray,  and not having to spend £7-9 a day for the that.
Reply Support Not support

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
26-11-2019 20:54:09 Mobile | Show all posts
I'm only about a month in on vaping - but from what I've read a lower Ohm clearomizer will give you more of a throat hit as it will create more vapour.  I can't see from the website you bought from what the Ohm rating is you have - maybe you can email them and go from there.

This is where I bought my kit from and they note the Ohm rating in the description, I think these would fit your device:

CE5 Replaceable eGo Clearomizer

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
26-11-2019 20:54:10 Mobile | Show all posts
Well there is also the route of going for higher watts and getting a variable wattage device and a dripper.   It really depends on what stage you are at.   For example whats the OP's setup,  nearly everyone I know who is heavy VG is dripping and at sub ohm (lower then 1ohm - I personally drip heavy VG at anywhere between .5 and .8 ohms)  this though is potentially dangerous without having knowledge of how Ohms/Voltage works and not using the correct batterys.    The advantage of going lowever Ohms is largely increased vaper production but also increases the feeling of TH.

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
26-11-2019 20:54:11 Mobile | Show all posts
The OP is new to it and has bought a starter kit so I would imagine - like me - finds most long term vapers terminology (dripping, sub ohms) gobbledygook.  I think we need to try and help with off the shelf 'value' products at this early stage.

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
26-11-2019 20:54:12 Mobile | Show all posts
The issue is though with off the shelf and coils is they are all generally high resistance (ohm) 1.6  you can however get lower resistance (Ohm) coils but then when it becomes lower then 1 Ohm it starts to hit realms of battery safety.  

Whilst im aware the OP is new,  my points were made as a point of reference so he/she can further research,  hence the warning about dangers of low resistance (Ohm) coils and unsuitable batterys.   I am happy to point anyone who asks to the direction of some sites which will help make an informed safe choice.

We both agree however that lower resistance and more power (Watts/Volts) will give the best results on High VG liquid.

In my opinion "The One Kit" has a substandard Clearomiser on it,  I think for a much improved vape I would look into either the Nautilus (with BVC coils)  this is a bit larger then your standard clearo so looks a bit daft on top on a ego type battery so will depend if your bothered about aesthetics or the Naturevapes Pro (which looks decent on a evod type battery with a beauty ring both of these use a replacable coil system and are widely regarded as two of the best clearomisers on the market.

Aspire Nautilus Mini (BVC) Tank Clearomizer
http://www.naturevape.co.uk/store/?age-verified=fee8bbf034#!/N-Vape-Mini-Pro/p/33067873/category=8530335

Use magic Report

Author| 26-11-2019 20:54:14 Mobile | Show all posts
Thank you very much for your replies. It's an interesting point regarding ohms...I bought a couple of extra clearomisers so I could have three different flavours on the go and switch easily as the mood took me. I thought nothing of it at the time but one of them is 2.1 ohm whereas the original and one other are 1.6 [or maybe 1.8, it's very difficult to read the number]. It's just so happens that the 2.1 is the one which I have been trialling new stuff, both the low 8mg and 100%vg liquids and these are the ones which give me the nauseating sensation the most. So maybe a low ohm setup is the thing for me.

However, I have had to bin the 100%vg liquid. I kept at it for 2 days but really felt very ill and the smell alone began to make me feel bad so it had to go. Maybe I'm intolerant to vg rather than pg??? Or maybe the high ohm clearomiser coupled with me [probably] vaping more/deeper to try and get a throat hit from it was to blame and I'm not intolerant at all.

Regarding my ecigstore one kit, it has convinced me that vaping is for me [I have no urge for an analogue at all] but I do feel it is definitely a starter machine. It particularly feels that is lacking in power, that an eliquid has more to give and a beefier setup would help. I have researched quite a bit and am aware of vv and vw machines and I'm sure I would get the hang of it quickly but the selection is huge from so many vendors. I'll happily start afresh with a whole new setup so is there an all round mid priced set up that is the go to recommendation in the vaping world?  Lomez, maybe the nautilus you mention comes in a package with all I need?

Thanks again.

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
26-11-2019 20:54:14 Mobile | Show all posts
It all depends on your budget really,   the nautilus and 5 coils is the best part of £28 then throw in a iStick VV/VW mod small box which is roughly £30 and you have a pretty tidy setup that will allow you to fit rebuildable tanks and dripping atomiser in the future if you should so wish.   If you patient you can buy clones of these rebuildables from a company like Fasttech (the name suggests fast delivery but its China based so allow up to 3/4 weeks for delivery avoid the batterys)

Eleaf Istick 20w Box mod Kit - Mods
Aspire Nautilus Mini
Aspire Nautilus BVC Coil Head

A setup like that will allow wattage adjustment up to 20w I never really go above 17w on anything so well within my vaping range and is pretty compact,  although a lot bigger then your current setup but allows for future upgrading to rebuildables if you do wish to try that route its 21mm wide so the nautilus will over hang a bit 1mm i think the nautilus is 22m off the top of my head.   

Next step up from that your looking at IPV2/IPV3/Sigelei 100w or a vapershark  in terms of box mods tube mods are another beast alltogether and dont have any voltage control you could use a "kick" with these too control it though.

Use magic Report

Author| 26-11-2019 20:54:16 Mobile | Show all posts
Thank you Lomez. I like the look of the linked items and the price is about what a would expect to pay for quality stuff. Would the following set up give me similar results?....I really like the way the tank sits at the side rather than on top Innokin VTR V2 - E CIG KITS

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
26-11-2019 20:54:17 Mobile | Show all posts
The Vtr has a big following and allows voltage control Ive never tried one personally i know a lot of people have cut the top ring too allow bigger atomisers to be fitted to it,   ive tried the iclear  and its not a patch on a nautilus with BVC coil.  

The weird thing about it is I think the vtr is a bit ugly but then I prefer different things.

There is other options with a side placed atomiser position such as a kato clone, or gizmo both  though as just mechs without any voltage control,  dont forget though with that VTR you would need too purchase a battery and most likely a charger (I believe you can charge via usb but not 100% sure)  the most recommend battery's are efest 35A and Sony VTC 4 or 5  these allow for sub ohming in the future.

Charger wise look at nightcore chargers they are pretty decent.

Use magic Report

12Next
Back New
You have to log in before you can reply Login | register

Points Rules

返回顶部