View: 606|Reply: 5

Nemesis mod - advice for a newbie needed

[Copy link]

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
26-11-2019 20:56:57 Mobile | Show all posts |Read mode
So as not to clutter the introduction thread with all my questions I've started a new thread. I also thought any advice given would be useful for others in a similar situation to me. I'm currently using regular 510, USB chargeable batteries (various different ones but they are all pretty similar) along with a run of the mill tank (Vivi Nova) but want to take a step further into the seemingly complicated world of advanced kit.

Having been given some advice already on the introduction thread I've decided to buy a Nemesis Mechanical Mod but have a few questions that probably sound daft to those of you into this stuff but we all have to start somewhere!

First of all, what kind of batteries do I need? I see there are protected and unprotected versions and not sure which is best suited. I've also read on some forums that some makes just don't fit well where others do. I've seen Torchy mentioned on more than one occasion but just so I don't waste money could someone link me to the exact batteries and charger to buy to get me started?

Next question is safety which I guess may well be linked to the protected batts or am I barking up the wrong tree? Is there anything I need to be wary of when using one of these mechanical mods as opposed to the  regular button powered, USB charged batts I'm used to using?

Finally, am I right in thinking I can use my Vivi Nova with the standard heads (1.8 - 2.4 ohms) as I do at the moment?

If there's anything else I need to know then please anyone chip in with advice. Thinking of ordering the mod from Fasttech so it'll probably be a while before I'm ready to actual use it!

Thanks in advance for any advice.

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
26-11-2019 20:56:58 Mobile | Show all posts
Hello again Timmy C,  Okay lets see the nemesis is a mod which can be used in three size formats in regards too batteries 18350/18500 and 18650 the 18 is the width and the last three numbers is length in mm.   I personally use 18650 as I can most of the time get a full day out of them and dont like carrying spare batteries,  however 18350 and 18500 are both more pocket friendly.  Unprotected batteries dont have any protection to stop you going too low on voltages when vaping but you will see a fall off in vape long before they reached critical so its a non issue for me.

Your Vivi Nova is a 510 connection clearomiser so will fit fine on the nemesis,  and at the resistance of the coils (Ohms) you can pretty much pick any battery you like (18xxx) from torchy i did find one of my 2 efests didnt fit my nemesis the other did.   I prefer flat tops personally found they are more compatible with most other mods.

Obviously Safety is paramount and the nemesis has a reverse threaded locking ring which stops the mod being fired when engaged,  it is really important to get into a habit of using this as a mechanical mod is just a connection and switch with no cut off safety so it will literally keep firing if pressed to either the battery vents or drains (ive done this the atomiser gets crazy hot)

If however you may go down the rebuilding route then you need to look into this chart

this shows exact widths and "safe" ohms for the batterys I very much doubt you will ever get lower then .2 Ohms though.

Lomez
Reply Support Not support

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
 Author| 26-11-2019 20:56:59 Mobile | Show all posts
Thank you so much. Very informative. I think like you I would rather got for the larger battery than carry a spare. So is there a downside to using protected batteries?

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
26-11-2019 20:56:59 Mobile | Show all posts
The downside is they can "trip" when vaping for no real reason also some chargers won charge batterys that have tripped for some reason.   Other then that they both will work fine for your use.

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
 Author| 26-11-2019 20:56:59 Mobile | Show all posts
Mod, batts and charger all ordered. The chap with the Torchy batteries you suggested was very helpful too. Thanks again for all your help. I'll post again in a few weeks when all is up and running and let you know how things work out.

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
 Author| 26-11-2019 20:57:00 Mobile | Show all posts
All arrived and working brilliantly! Had a struggle at first, battery seemed too short but after a bit of googling I discovered the very narrow silver band in the middle of the thing is actually removable. Took a lot of messing about with pliers and eventually a hot water bath to get the thing to unscrew but got there in the end! Finally found something that works well with my Kanger protank 2 that has seemed useless with all the batts I've tried it with up till now so very happy indeed. Going to do the switch mod tonight....fingers crossed I don't screw it up but it looks simple enough.

Thanks again for all the advice.

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | register

Points Rules

返回顶部