View: 622|Reply: 3

Is the new Provari v3 worth the upgrade

[Copy link]
26-11-2019 20:57:21 Mobile | Show all posts |Read mode
I've got one of the first Provari devices and it's been a great product.
With the recent release of the all new v3 which has watts and some added features would it be worth me upgrading and what benefits would I gain?

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
26-11-2019 20:57:22 Mobile | Show all posts
It basically has increased amp limit 2amp vs 5amp,  increased voltage and wattage range and now accepts flat head batteries,  however for me its overpriced for what is essentially a DNA 20 board that handles ohms down to 0.7ohm.  So in essence if you plan going sub ohms or vaping at higher wattage or solely using flat top batteries then it would be a benefit to you if not then its most likely not a good upgrade if your v1 is functioning well.   Higher wattage works well with drippers and some tanks but tends to burn coils on clearo's like the nautilus and protanks.

So TLDR if you plan on going sub OHM down to .7 then yeah it would be good for you if you vape at high ohm 1.4  and at low wattage/volts  (~10w/4v) then no.   

Personally I prefer box mods but have tried a few tube mods with vv/vw and they all seemed a bit too large and heavy (Vamo, seven 22 too name a couple)

There is also the option of getting a clone tube mod which can fit a kick 2 module like this.   
Evolv Kick2 Drop in Module - Cloud 9 Vaping

This module has better resistance range down to .5ohm and higher Amp range up to 6Amp but obviously you need to open the mod everytime to adjust.   I know of a couple of mods which fit a kick and 18650 the nemesis and King off the top of my head there will be a fair few others also.
Reply Support Not support

Use magic Report

Author| 26-11-2019 20:57:23 Mobile | Show all posts
Cheers.

I have the kayfun and the only wire I have is fairly thick at I end up at 2 on 4/5 winds so I'm guessing I would have get some thinner gauge wire to bring down the ohms and still have a number of winds.
I'm still using my Mark T drip tip which has been very good but I need to add a coil to that.
My bro has the Vapourshark rdna30 and he likes that a lot and I see there is a new one out but I've found the Provari reliable.

I'm tempted but maybe I might be wise to hold back and look into this sub ohm stuff as I'm out of touch with some of the new ideas.

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
26-11-2019 20:57:24 Mobile | Show all posts
Id advise you too look around whilst the provari is solid it has somewhat been surpassed due to the growing popularity of dna and sx chips in mods.  There is a huge diversity in mods some affordable some grossly expensive so there will be something there for you within the scope of things.    I looked at the vaporshark also and it is a well regarded box mod.   

The one thing I would advise is too check sizes are they can vary a lot.   My Bish mods sx350 is on the large side and basically only sees use in the house,  where as my hana and IPV are a bit more pocket friendly and are my out and abouts.

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | register

Points Rules

返回顶部