View: 373|Reply: 6

Has anyone ever sold an eInsurance card?

[Copy link]

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
26-11-2019 21:16:07 Mobile | Show all posts |Read mode
Our House was broken into early last Month and, amongst the items stolen and damaged were three watches.
The insurance have finally started replacing or giving vouchers for everything and, for the watches, they have supplied an eInsurance card that can be used at three high street jewellers.

Because of the burglary, we are having new home security fitted and it's costing quite a bit....so, ideally, the money for the watches would be better going towards that. (the watches were bought as gifts and, if I am being honest, I don't want to choose a replacement now as it won't be special...it will always be the watch I got from when we were broken into. It's my 50'th in three years and I would much rather wait and get one then so it means something again).

We are thinking of putting the eInsurance voucher on Ebay for a lot less than the face value but enough to cover the security installation....but we are not sure how best to do it?

The voucher is electronic and can be used in store from your phone...but the code is not hidden. So, if we sold it on Ebay, what is to stop someone buying it, using the code and then claiming it was already used when we sent them the link?

I am just worried we will get scammed trying to sell it on this way?

Use magic Report

26-11-2019 21:16:08 Mobile | Show all posts
Nothing to stop them I’d suggest, perhaps try a different classifieds forum like ours giving you the option to sell to whomever you wish to and are comfortable with.
Reply Support Not support

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
 Author| 26-11-2019 21:16:09 Mobile | Show all posts
Thanks rousetafarian...did consider posting for sale on the forum. Suppose there is still the chance of the same situation arising though? I just don't see any way of doing it to make sure it can't happen?

Use magic Report

26-11-2019 21:16:10 Mobile | Show all posts
True, nothing is 100% g’teed but at the very least you can satisfy yourself as much as humanly possible that the buyer on here is genuine by their feedback as a starting point.

The only way to do this safely is to meet up and apply the insurance code face to face so to speak

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
26-11-2019 21:16:11 Mobile | Show all posts
As mentioned above nothing guaranteed but, lots of people on here sell / buy vouchers without issue.

There are quite a few members on hear who regularly buy vouchers, I am not aware of any rule that prevents you from saying “would prefer to sell to an established regular buyer of vouchers” in any advert.

Personally, for the effort & time it would take to post an advert I would give it a go.

Also, if you ask for payment by pay-pal gift prior to sending the voucher there is very little (almost nine I believe) risk of anyone being able to claim back any payment at a later stage.

Mark

EDIT - If sold on eBay you would need to request cash on collection.  Because there is no physical item for you to send you would not have any physical proof that the item was delivered and, the risk of someone making a successful chargeback is significantly higher than the norm.  Indeed it is a well know act of fraud where buyers use PayPal (not PPG), then collect an item or have it emailed to them only later to claim the item was never received.  Typically, if the is no evidence of delivery PayPal will auto refund the buyer for the sellers PayPal account.

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
 Author| 26-11-2019 21:16:12 Mobile | Show all posts
Thanks both

Will post the voucher fo sale on the forum today and, as you say MSW, will put that I prefer it to be sold to a regular buyer of vouchers and someone with a reasonably high trader rating.

Appreciate the advise.

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
26-11-2019 21:16:13 Mobile | Show all posts
Sorry to hear about the burglary, never a nice thing. We were done over shortly after buying a new house, a Longines watch given to me for my 30th was stolen, replaced with an Omega, but was never the same. Ended up selling it and waited a couple of years before buying a Zenith which I still have today amongst others I’ve acquired over the last 15years.

Not sure if you’ve already created the for sale post, you could state that you would use the card to purchase the item on behalf of the buyer thus creating a tangible item.

What amount is involved?

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | register

Points Rules

返回顶部