1234567Next
Back New
Author: Stuart Wright

Which consoles do you own and use for gaming?

[Copy link]
26-11-2019 22:18:53 Mobile | Show all posts
PC Never had PS4 or Xbox so it's hard to say for me which is the best actually.
Reply Support Not support

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
The 'best' will be an individual thing anyway. We all know the PS4 has a larger 'exclusive' library and a lot of those are GotY contenders but maybe not the best for someone who plays mostly multi-platform games and more friends on Xbox or someone who wants the 'best' visuals/performance AND a 4k HDR Bluray player too. Arguments can be made for any system and the 'best' is the 'best' that suits the individual and their gaming preferences.

Use magic Report

Thinking about buying XBOX ;]

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
26-11-2019 22:18:54 Mobile | Show all posts
As a friend said to me it is a big issue to him.
He is Extremely Upset and frustrated with all the games he has bought
for his computer only to loose them when the operating system stops
all support for eg old Windows versions now useless.
What he does say is that you can take a Console game and still play it.
He owns a PlayStation 4 Original and a X Box 1 X.
The only thing on the down side is the 4k Player in X Box 1 X does not
play all of the titles of Movies even after getting a firmware Upgrade.
my problem is I cant use the hand control for first Person Shooters , I,m
too Slow getting my Cross hairs on the Enemy.
I have a PS4 Pro for Driving games on a 4k TV its Sweet as.
But at the same time I am a Keyboard Jokey , I play Battlefield 1 ,4 , 5,
Star wars , Titan fall 2 and Mass Effect 3 .
Consoles do not go out of date , so getting old games at second hand
shops is real good value , and they still work.

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
Got the Pro and X, not used my Pro in ages, all the attention it gets is just a weekly dust.

I thought I would use it still for the exclusives when I purchased the X, but it currently just does not get used.

I'm thinking about boxing it up for now, the exclusives are great and the upcoming ones like TLOU 2 will be brilliant Im sure, but my gaming time is shorter now and I think I can easily pass on these games and just stick with the Xbox.

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
I must admit my Pro has had very little use in the past year or so. I did enjoy God of War (Platinum) and bought Spider-Man but didn't really get into that - I felt it looked good but felt like a PS2 era game with a mix of old Ubisoft open world cliche's thrown in. I am getting Days Gone and will get Ghost of Tsushima and Last of Us 2 - assuming they come out long before the PS5 although I would prefer to buy these only on PS5 - not buy them on PS4 first and then a 2nd remastered/re-released version on PS5.

My Xbox X is getting all the other games - from AC Origins/Odyssey, Far Cry 5 to Tomb Raider, RDR2 and of course the Exclusives like Forza Horizon as well. Its also going to be the console I buy games like Cyberpunk, Metro etc as well.

Despite my PS4 Pro being a dust collector for long periods, I still add the PS  games and have a decent library of games that I wouldn't want to get rid of my console despite the fact that I don't have a lot of exclusives I am looking forward to right now. I know there are games like Dreams and Death Stranding that I haven't mentioned but these aren't of interest to me - at least not at the moment.

I still have my PS3 and XB360 too and these get less (no) use but I still wouldn't get rid of these just in case I want some retro gaming. I know the 360 could probably go with the XB1 offering Backwards Compatibility - although that doesn't allow me to play ALL my 360 games. I could probably sell both and not 'miss' them but I would still rather keep them just in case.

Whilst the PS4 is still the 'main' console from Sony, there is NO chance I would sell - even if my gaming time is limited. I would rather have that choice to play any of the PS4 games I own, any I may get from PS  and any I may want in the future - Sony also have different games on sale to MS so I may be tempted to buy a game on PS instead of Xbox - depending on the price and Performance/Visual metrics between the two console versions.

I know not everyone feels the same, but if you don't need to sell, then why not keep it.

Use magic Report

i do find i use my xbox one to play all my 360 games now as they perform better and i dont have to change discs. but like you ive kept my 360. i tend to be pretty much 50/50 these days my mates play multiplayer on xbox so i join them on there for that and play my last gen games on there and i play my single player stuff on PlayStation

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
26-11-2019 22:18:55 Mobile | Show all posts
No way would I sell my Pro, but I will box it up for now, too early to see what the next gen of consoles will be like from both MS and Sony, but I think I will just get one console next time. I always find it difficult to resist not having both but then one console ends up getting very little use.

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
26-11-2019 22:18:56 Mobile | Show all posts
I've got the Xbox and switch which haven't seen much use this year. I mainly use my laptop for gaming and I've recently set up Launchbox to emulate some systems upto (and including)Wii U.

Use magic Report

26-11-2019 22:18:56 Mobile | Show all posts
Xbox one, 2x PS4's, Nintendo switch and a gaming PC.

Not touched any of the consoles in months, infact I've cancelled all my subscriptions on them, mainly been PC gaming.

Use magic Report

1234567Next
Back New
You have to log in before you can reply Login | register

Points Rules

返回顶部