Author: TaurusDevil

Video Games Too Expensive.

[Copy link]

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
26-11-2019 22:28:53 Mobile | Show all posts
Depends what your interested in. If you have to have the latest, greatest blockbusters then I can see how it adds up but there are plenty of deals to be had

I've spent hardly anything on games because the latest AAA titles are no interest to me. When a new release game can give me the same game play satisfaction I get from day of infamy, day of defeat or even cs:go to name a few then I may take note but I doubt that is going to happen anything soon
Reply Support Not support

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
26-11-2019 22:28:53 Mobile | Show all posts
In a different economy, try paying £65 - £75 for N64 games when they came out. I remember having to work an entire week to save up for Turok, and had to live on Super Noodles for the rest of the week, yes the 25p cardboard ones that taste like sick and wee.

Use magic Report

26-11-2019 22:28:54 Mobile | Show all posts
I believe that depends on your economy, your region, and of course the economy nature of a game.
For example, I live in Vietnam and let's be honest: video game is like an "exotic form of entertainment" for many people here. In our country AAA title still cost 60$ (or roughly 1,200,000 VND).
I personally have to consider extremely carefully about which game I really want to play, because I don't want to waste much time and money.  

And let's talk about the game itself: there are many companies trying to pull some nasty microtransaction in their games. Everyone know this by now.
For people like me, spending 60$ for a game is a huge investment by itself. And I definitely don't want to spend any extra dollars for something menial like skins. Not to mention the broken pay-to-win mechanics like 2K sports titles.

I really miss the old days when $60 games are fully packed with features, and other expansions or DLCs only add more content to an already-completed product.

So yeah simply put: I don't think games are too expensive these days. The only problem is the nasty microtransactions.
*Let's hope for Cyberpunk 2077, CDPR is literally my final hope right now.

Use magic Report

I seem to remember a range from Firebird, I think, that were £3.99. They were pretty good too!
In regards to the original question, I only really trade games in now and never have more than two or three in my collection. I traded a couple recently and got Resident Evil 2 for next to nothing. Should see me through the summer.

Use magic Report

LoL. 1 high quality game is around £50, so you bought about 6 games, is that right

Use magic Report

Back New
You have to log in before you can reply Login | register

Points Rules

返回顶部