View: 344|Reply: 1

Anyone using Hades canyon for retro emulators?

[Copy link]

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
26-11-2019 22:30:39 Mobile | Show all posts |Read mode
I was dabbling with emulators on the 2012 Mac mini and the likes of Dolphin Emulator works okay for some games. I read that Windows drivers are much better with these emulators so I installed W10 via Bootcamp as a test and the difference was night and day at 1x resolution - everything runs perfectly with the likes of Wii games. I also have PPSSPP running PSP games really well although that also runs well under Mac.
I was looking at upgrading to the new Mac Mini 2018 but now considering an Intel Hades Canyon  NUC and running the games at 4x   resolution as they look fantastic and the new minis do not have a strong GPU.
Does anyone else using Hades Canyon for emulation and what are your thoughts? I know it will be overkill for some of the older systems such as N64 for the kids but if I'm going to get a box to handle emulators, I want one that will perform the task well at much higher resolutions.

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
26-11-2019 22:30:40 Mobile | Show all posts
I have a Skull canyon and use it to run coinops Forgotten Worlds 3 which basically emulates anything you want with a slick front end. Currently it's running everything from Mame, Nes, snes, MS, MD, all the way to ps1, Gamecube, Wii and Wii U. I havent tested Ps2 but I imagine it should be possible. I think a Hades Canyon is way too much unless you want recent emulation at 4k so grab one if you get a good deal with bargain components.
Reply Support Not support

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | register

Points Rules

返回顶部