12Next
Back New
View: 540|Reply: 10

The Bad State Of Gaming

[Copy link]
26-11-2019 22:32:04 Mobile | Show all posts |Read mode
Red Dead Remption 2 was hyped up massively before it came out. When it came out, I bought it on release day, big mistake. I played it for a bit and thought" Is this it? Is this really that all the hype was about?".  This is how games are going to be now! Games are massively over priced too! So, after 30  years of gaming, I'm done!

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
26-11-2019 22:32:05 Mobile | Show all posts
No one forced you to buy it release day, no one forced you to jump on board the hype train.
Could of waited for more user reviews and feedback and if you think games are expensive, which imo they are not then you could of left it for release day and purchased in a sale and saved some money and purchased other games that were not as hyped up.

I have not gone back to the game as I have been distracted but RDR2 was always going to be hyped up and not be for everyone. This is a Rock* game and people lose their sh*t over them. GTA 5 was boring, dull and clunky and I only enjoyed RDR so I jumped in and got RDR2 on release day. I will finish it at some point but it won't make me give up gaming.

Your recent threads have been all doom and gloom on gaming, too expensive, bug ridden and now over hyped. Maybe take a step back from AAA Gaming and check out some other games, try a different genre or pickup some Indie Games.

Currently I would say it's the best time to be a gamer, you have so much choice, too much choice !
You can spend £0 on some great games that you could lose hours too like Warframe or Fortnite. You can play some amazing AAA SP Games or MP Games or you could pick up some cracking smaller games for a few ££ and get hours of fun out of it.

Have looked at any of the Subscription Options like EA Access or GamesPass, PS  or Gold ?
Reply Support Not support

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
26-11-2019 22:32:06 Mobile | Show all posts
^ agree with the above. I've stopped buying big hyped games on launch, rather pick them up down the road when the dust settles. Zelda BotW, for instance, was one I deliberately avoided, having not completed a single Zelda game prior. Nabbed it late last year and absolutely loved it.

There's such a treasure trove of smaller and older games (especially on the PC) that there's always something decent to play.

Use magic Report

Author| 26-11-2019 22:32:07 Mobile | Show all posts
Yea I've got enough games in my PS4 library to be going on with!

Use magic Report

26-11-2019 22:32:08 Mobile | Show all posts
the one thing gaming this generation has taught me is dont buy at release by 6 months a year down the line the game will be way cheaper fully patched up and dlc released.

so you get a better game for less money win win

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
26-11-2019 22:32:09 Mobile | Show all posts
Yep GOTY editions are solid

Use magic Report

26-11-2019 22:32:10 Mobile | Show all posts
I'm not so sure your title is really accurate to the subject matter. The state of gaming is very good in a broad stroke, there are issues but the nature of 1 release doesn't reflect at all on the industry as a whole. You fell for the hype train in this instance, its something easy to do. Every gamer falls for this at some point in their lives when in reality these games may not be perfectly suited to you.
RDR2 is a very well made game with interesting characters, huge amounts of detail a beautiful open world though it falls prey to many issues as well, showing the ageing design of rockstars games, the lack of options in approaching missions or directions for the story to take, lack of impact on the world (at least from what ive seen so far), I had a far more engaging experience with god of war 4 then i did with RDR2.
I have enjoyed my time with the game so far, but i approached it differently then many would. I knew i would only like it so much because i find most open world games boring due to their (mostly) poor design, so I took my time to get it and have slowly played it whilst also having other games on the go. I didn't expect the second coming of resident evil 4, I just expected an overall enjoyable experience and I received just that.
Take a step back from games as they're releasing and ask yourself, without the media buzz, without the content creators singing its praises before even touching it, does it look like a game you'll enjoy? Can you wait for it for a bit to see how its supported?

I'd heavily advise taking a look at the indie scene and finding something that stands out instead. When I was burnt out on the AAA scene about 5 years ago due to their incredibly poor underperforming releases in the console market I started looking at smaller games and found myself enjoying my experiences more then I'd enjoyed a big AAA game in a long time.
Hell, at the moment I'm playing Divinity Original Sin 2, I don't know if you could class it as an indie venture but after this... I'll never be able to play another bethesda game, while its different, it's close enough to show just how poorly their games are put together world wise (never mind every other issue).

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
26-11-2019 22:32:11 Mobile | Show all posts
Gaming and, in particular, genre preferences will always be subjective to the individual because not everyone agrees on the same thing. That being said, I think its impossible to argue against the fact that video gaming – in general – is serious value for money. I still remember paying around £100 for SNES carts back in the very early nineties!!! And some of those games, like SF2, could be finished in 10 minutes…

Most games these days are epic in scale. They cost relative peanuts to buy and offer hours of investment. I mean, look at the likes of Horizon, Zelda, GoW, MHU, ACO, Mario etc., they all offer in the region of 40-100 hours gameplay. That’s genuine bang for buck and especially when you consider that a couple of movie tickets is about £30 or £40 with drinks/popcorn.

RDR2 is a curious case in point. I admit that when I booted up RDR2 for the first time, I found it utterly mind-numbing. The opening chapter in the mountains (which clocks in at about 5 hours or so) has to be one of the most monotonous grinds I've ever forced myself through. It was a hard, hard toil. I stuck with it though and the reason I did was due to the glowing reviews across the board. I expected the fanboy (and anti-fanboy) reviews – the early 10/10’s & 1/10’s because that’s par for the course with games like this but, I didn’t expect such widespread acclaim. With the clunky control scheme and the slowness of the game, I honestly wondered what the hell I was missing…

That question was answered when I came down out of the mountains and into ‘wild west civilisation’. From the moment you set up your first camp, the game opens up in earnest with substance and style, throwing so many missions and things to do at you, it’s not funny.

Don’t get me wrong, it’s not a Spaghetti Western in FPS form. It’s not all out action like Call of Juarez either. What it is, is an incredibly immersive western experience. You live the life of a digital cowboy taking in everything that entails. You look after yourself. You look after your horse. You look after your weapons. You take on missions. You kill animals. You help out townsfolk in spontaneous events (or kill them) and you explore to find hidden stuff.

Granted, it’s not everyone's cup of tea, and I still have reservations with many aspects of the game but, it is still far and away one of the best games I’ve ever played. The scope and immersion within the game is astonishing and the aesthetics and environments are, in my opinion, near unparalleled in their beauty.

In recent memory, RDR2 is perhaps the one game above all others that you really have to stick with because if you don’t get past that first tedious chapter (and a lot gave up and reviewed it on the strength of that), you’re depriving yourself of a true modern day videogame masterpiece.

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
26-11-2019 22:32:12 Mobile | Show all posts
probably the weirdest reason i've read about quitting gaming. Not all games go according to your personal tastes, there will always be games which you like and those that you don't, but that certainly doesn't mean that you should stop playing unless that's what you've wanted for a quite a while and RDR2 was a solid enough reason to justify your secret desire.

I've pre-ordered it a month before release, and honestly, i don't regret a single second spent in-game as I loved every single detail that Rockstar Games made. <3

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
26-11-2019 22:32:13 Mobile | Show all posts
That is the problem of expectation/reality I think. Also unfulfilling of 'marketing promises' exists as well. The games are hyped nowadays, but after they are released we feel like 'Well, it's not so good as I expected it to be'.
Also, every game is not for everyone. Tastes differ and games too.

Use magic Report

12Next
Back New
You have to log in before you can reply Login | register

Points Rules

返回顶部