View: 359|Reply: 1

TV settings for consoles

[Copy link]

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
26-11-2019 22:38:14 Mobile | Show all posts |Read mode
Hi all, I'm new here so forgive me if I've not adhered to any rules that I'm not aware of.

I have both an Xbox one X and a PS4 Pro. And I also have a 4k TV, which I'd like to configure/calibrate to each console. Do any of you know of any guides or can give me any info on how to really push my TV towards showing off the capabilities of each console?

My TV is a Samsung UE55MU6400

Thank you.

Use magic Report

26-11-2019 22:38:15 Mobile | Show all posts
I can’t comment on recommended settings for your particular TV, but a good place to start is to turn off all picture processing features, such as motion flow, edge enhancement, noise reduction, etc.

Generally, I keep my TV settings as neutral as possible for my consoles, such as sharpness at neutral, brightness near to the middle, etc, so you’re essentially seeing the game being presented on screen as the developer intended.

I also set my consoles and TV to RGB Limited, as this is more suitable for the majority of content and in theory, a correctly calibrated TV and console for RGB Limited should not really show any discernible difference from both being calibrated for RGB Full, except it’s a more compatible colour space. I’m not an expert on this topic though and this is what I’ve settled on after reading a lot of things about it and trying them both out.
Reply Support Not support

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | register

Points Rules

返回顶部