View: 370|Reply: 2

E3 2018: The Best New Games

[Copy link]
26-11-2019 22:39:20 Mobile | Show all posts |Read mode
Rounding up our top picks of the gaming goodness that came out of this year's E3 trade show in Los Angeles
Read the news.

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
26-11-2019 22:39:21 Mobile | Show all posts
This generation has certainly hit it's stride, even if i imagine dev's and publisher's are no doubt starting to hold new IP back for next gen.

As a strictly PS4 and Switch owner it was feast and famine. Nothing grabbed me from Nintendo, neither a game or more worryingly any show of intent from them to continue regularly releasing big ticket games.

For the main console, PS4, some fantastic looking exclusives and equally exciting third party stuff. My highlights and most anticipated in no real order ...

- Ghosts of Tsushima
- Last of Us Part II
- Assassins Creed Oddessy
- Cyberpunk 2077
- Battlefield 5
Reply Support Not support

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
26-11-2019 22:39:22 Mobile | Show all posts
Surprised Ghost of Tsushima wasn't mentioned as that looked very impressive. No disrespect to Cyberpunk 2077 (its my most anticipated game) but that was just a composite trailer rather than game-play. Those that were lucky enough to see the game-play demo confirmed how great the game is looking AND playing but from the show itself, the trailer was OK but not as impressive as Ghost of Tsushima.

Anthem was the stand-out for me at EA's - not that EA's was 'great'. Doom Eternal didn't show a lot and Starfield is perhaps my most anticipated from Bethesda. MS's had a LOT of interest for me - mostly multi-plats but FH4, Halo and Gears were impressive - although Halo seems a long way off right now. Metro, Cyberpunk, Division 2 and Sekiro were also of interest. Square Enix was very brief but Shadow of the Tomb Raider is one game I really want from them. AC: Odyssey and Division 2 were my standouts from Ubisoft - BG&E2 would have added to that but it seems so far off and now they are looking for 'help' to develop the game from people around the world. Sony's Last of Us 2, Ghost of Tsushima and Spider-Man are looking great too. RE2 may get bought at some point as it looked good - have to see how the changes impact on the game but visually its impressive. I didn't watch Nintendo's as I don't have a Switch so won't comment on those.

Anyway, this was my take-away from E3. MS's was the 'best' from my perspective - best presentation, most games I want (even if most are multi-platform), maybe not too many 'exclusives' launching in the next year but stating their commitment not just in words but actions with 5 new studios - inc Ninja Theory. Overall it was a great briefing for gamers - even PS gamers too.
Reply Support Not support

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | register

Points Rules

返回顶部