Steam - Playing on different PCs

[Copy link]

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
26-11-2019 22:43:00 Mobile | Show all posts |Read mode
Hi,

I have Rise of the Tomb Raider of the Tomb Raider on my PC in my man cave.  I played it a fair bit last year (maybe 50% through) but haven't touched it for many months.

I want to play it on a different PC (in the study in my house).

First thing I notice is that when I launch it I get a "failed to load profile from steam cloud" and then prompting me to create a new profile.

I was half expecting it to present the game to me half way through, but starting afresh suits me because I really can't remember how to play it so want to reacquaint myself with the maps and the controls.

But at the same time, I don't want to wipe out the progress on the PC in my man cave.

So does anyone know

(1) Why it doesn't transfer the game progress (the steam cloud failure)
(2) If I start a new profile on my study PC whether the profile on my mancave PC will be unaffected.

Cheers,

Nigel

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
26-11-2019 22:43:01 Mobile | Show all posts
Just seen this you have probably figured it by now but unsure why no replies.
Not sure about why steam cloud failed. But just go into settings and make sure the cloud is unticked or turned off when/before playing this game to be safe that it won't overwrite while playing that game ( not sure it wouuld but untill u at least get further then can turn it on again)
Never had an issue to be honest all ive played on diff machines have resumed perfectly.
Reply Support Not support

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | register

Points Rules

返回顶部