what's your gaming highs and lows in 2017

[Copy link]

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
26-11-2019 22:46:32 Mobile | Show all posts |Read mode
hi all

what's your highs and lows in gaming for 2017 ?, has 2017 been a vintage gaming year or average for you

for me the Nintendo Switch has been a breath of fresh air this year with the releases of Zelda: Breath of the Wild and Super Mario: Odyssey. I also managed to pick up a classic mini Snes 2 weeks ago and have had more fun and time on that than many AAA games I have picked up this year.

I guess the only low point has been EA stooping even lower with their money grabbing loot crates in Star Wars: Battlefront 2.

Use magic Report

26-11-2019 22:46:34 Mobile | Show all posts
I'm with you on the switch, mario, zelda and SF have rekindled my love of gaming after a few years away from it. especially street fighter online  - love it

lows for me are the horrific install times on the xbox. can't get fibre where i live and the connections pretty slow - forza took a week to download ! a personal issue, but still my gaming low !
Reply Support Not support

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
26-11-2019 22:46:35 Mobile | Show all posts
My gaming high is definitely PUBG on my PC.

Gaming low is PUBG on my PC.

Infuriating game sometimes!

Use magic Report

26-11-2019 22:46:36 Mobile | Show all posts
gaming high was prey it is awesome i love the world and being able to do everything in multiple ways. sound design and music is also exceptional

gaming low was mass effect andromeda i have loved mass effect games for years and replayed the trilogy multiple times and this one just missed on almost every level.

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
26-11-2019 22:46:37 Mobile | Show all posts
Nintendo Switch has been a brilliant hybrid console and Zelda BoTW was, hands down, the game of the year for me, closely followed by Mario Odyssey.

Assassins Creed finally got the game it promised all those years ago with Origins. Yes, it didn't do anything that hasn't been seen before (much like Horizon ZD) but, for the first time, it brought everything together beautifully. Quite simply a magnificent game and one of the best of 2017.

Resident Evil 7 impressed me too. It's conversion to FPS was near seamless and in VR, in particular, it was unbelievable.

Surprisingly, quite a few iPad games have impressed me this year as well. The standout title is without doubt, Gorogoa. It's a magnificent brain-bending puzzle game where you have shift scenes around in the four quarters of the screen to open new scenes. It's refreshingly original and trust me, it is far better than it sounds.

Football Manager 2018 was the version that finally convinced me that I'll never purchase another iteration of this game. The transfer system is a shambles whereby you have to pay quadruple market value to get a player whilst the AI offers you less than half market value for your payers. A top team budget is £50-60m meaning you can get no one of note. If you want to prosper in the transfer market (and don't want to cheat), you are funnelled down the route of purchasing a cash injection of £50m for £5 PER GAME!! For a £30 PC game, this is unacceptable and borderline robbery and its IAP system easily stands alongside the worst of any IOS games I can think of.

Mass Effect Andromeda I heard was garbage so didn't buy it. I did play a bit of it at my nephews and it was monotonous.

For Honour looked the business pre-release and I pre-ordered. What started as a fairly decent game, however, was plagued with bugs and issues to the point of being unplayable. When the problems had finally been ironed out a few months later and I started playing it again, I realised that the game itself was actually repetitive rubbish - a huge disappointment.

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
26-11-2019 22:46:38 Mobile | Show all posts
Bloody trying to kill predator in wildlands....
Great music great feel and feels like two predators lol

Use magic Report

26-11-2019 22:46:38 Mobile | Show all posts
Breathe of the wild is the perfect Zelda for me. Battlefront 2 is a deception even if the game is really beautiful.

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | register

Points Rules

返回顶部