View: 698|Reply: 3

Hdmi and USB from one room to another (40m)

[Copy link]

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
26-11-2019 22:53:07 Mobile | Show all posts |Read mode
Hello all,

I built myself a racing rig which is for my recently purchased logitech G920 wheel and pedals. Its great, but the rig is big and heavy so have put it in the spare room and have therefore had to move my xbox one into the same room as the rig.

The issue I have now is that I have no method to play games in my bedroom which is on the other side of the house.

I have been looking into long 40m hdmi cables and 40m usb over cat5/cat6, but im concerned that I will get input lag or the screen resolution will be terrible like it is when you stream from xbox to PC.

Obviously the easy method is to stream from xbox one to Windows 10, but even on very high setting in the xbox pc app and both machines wired, the resolution is not great.

Any of your thoughts on this matter would be appreciated and if you have any advise then that would be greatly welcomed.

Many thanks

Phil

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
26-11-2019 22:53:08 Mobile | Show all posts
USB has a 5 meter limit.
No way is a 40 meter cable going to work.

HDMI is at its best up to 8 meters, after that performance drops considerably.
Its not a case of lag or picture quality suffering, in most cases it simply doesnt work at all.
You might get lucky and be able to push to 10 or 15 meters and get a working setup with some gear, but 40 meters is out of the question.

Over 8 meters you need to look at HDMI over category cable using extenders or HDMI over fibre.
These solutions are mainly aimed at movie or TV content though.
The conversion process will introduce lag for gaming with some units introducing lag of a second or more.
This doesnt matter for video content but obviously its useless for gaming.

Also HDMI over fibre is very expensive.
Get another xbox for the bedroom, it is by far the cheaper and better option.
Reply Support Not support

Use magic Report

26-11-2019 22:53:09 Mobile | Show all posts
Whilst we can supply you with solutions for HDMI and USB at 40m I suspect Andy’s solution will be far more cost effective.

Joe

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
 Author| 26-11-2019 22:53:10 Mobile | Show all posts
Thank you both for the replies.

I think that you're right, I need to get another xbox one then. Maybe the xbox one s will come down in price due to the new xbox one x release.

So I shall keep an eye out.

Many thanks

Phil

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | register

Points Rules

返回顶部