PSVR headset shows only a static screen

[Copy link]

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
27-11-2019 00:09:37 Mobile | Show all posts |Read mode
Hello,

This is my first post here.  I've been using my PS4 for a long time now and there is nothing wrong with my display for the PS4 itself on an ex-PC monitor.  However, after happily using my PSVR for over a year, I turned on the headset to find that all that was showing was a static screen (no problems with the audio).  I'm pretty sure this may have been caused by an update as, when I booted up the PS4, the screen wasn't showing up for a moment on the monitor itself.  This seemed to correct itself after a while (odd!) but I haven't been able to use the PSVR since (2-3 weeks ago now).  I can't imagine this has been caused by damage as my setup does not get moved and never receives any rough treatment, spillages etc.  So far, I found a thread on Reddit that explores a few solutions such as switching the HDMI cable to 1.8 and upwards (and yet I still have the original cables that came with the box), removing and re-attaching the headset cable from the box (done this but no success) and adjusting the screen resolution (done this but still no success).  Along the way, I discovered that I have the second version of the PSVR but it's a first-generation PS4.  If anything, I figured the PS4 would need fixing first.

Does anyone have any suggestions?  The very idea that I would have to pay the fee for fixing it is utterly ridiculous as the fee is more than the bargain price I received the PSVR for.  I'd be better off selling the parts if there was a market for such a thing.  If it doesn't get fixed then this is certainly the last PlayStation product I will ever buy because I can't believe the complete and total lack of support.  The PlayStation forums don't seem to be responding at all and it's particularly galling because I only just a new PSVR game and motion controllers and was about to get them both installed before this happened.

Any help would be very gratefully received.

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
 Author| 27-11-2019 00:09:38 Mobile | Show all posts
I got this fixed elsewhere.  Thanks for reading anyway.
Reply Support Not support

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
27-11-2019 00:09:39 Mobile | Show all posts
Fixed within 30 mins?
What was the fix?
Reply Support Not support

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | register