Psvr with 3D Sound through Amp

[Copy link]

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
27-11-2019 00:09:55 Mobile | Show all posts |Read mode
Hi,

I have been watching 3D BLU-rays through Psvr which is fantastic,Avatar looks amazing.But the only way I can get the sound is from the headphones connected to psvr, But I want to be able to listen to the soundtrack in DTS or Dolby Digital from my Amp.
Is there anyway to be able to do that.
I have not got a 3D TV.
Thanks any help would be greatly appreciated.

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
 Author| 27-11-2019 00:09:56 Mobile | Show all posts
Hi,

Just an update might help someone else.
I have managed to get the sound out of the speaker while watching a 3D on PSVR,There is a button on the Sony Amp remote control called 'HDMI Out' if I pressed that until it says HDMI Off then it stops the picture coming on the TV but the sound comes out of the speakers.
So a very Happy bunny now.
Reply Support Not support

Use magic Report

27-11-2019 00:09:57 Mobile | Show all posts
I dont have a PSVR but well done and thanks for posting the solution to your own question.  You might have gotten more responses in the dedicated Playstation VR section in which there is a 3D Blu Ray thread...in which your problem was discussed and solved!

3D bluerays in next patch

Perhaps a mod can move this post into thread the Playstation VR thread?

Seeing your own blu rays on a big virtual screen is a helluva experience.  

I know so because I have been enjoying doing this for over a year but with Google headset and my 4k display Xperia Z5 premium phone.  Its a sensational experience.  But I have to rip my blu rays which is a hassle and of course the sound comes out through headphones...although I can potentially feed the sound through my amp via bluetooth which I have not yet tried.

And when it comes to 3D, VR provides the best 3D experience than any other medium as it completely eliminates the main reasons why many 3D haters (including myself!) hate 3D.  Ie, retains the dynamic range and brightness, and no ghosting because each eye is dedicated a complete potion of screen as per normal VR experience.  Its a shame this advantage is not promoted enough.  

PSVR would make my blu ray watching an easier experience than with my google VR headset and so intend to get one later in the summer.  Plus I desperately want to play Rogue One VR!

I see there are tips to improving sharpness to 3d blu ray which involve setting Noise Reduction on PSVR to 0 and a further calibration setting that is not part of the first time use setup.  In case you weren't aware, here are videos I found that may or may not be of use for you

Can I ask how much you are enjoying the experience?  Positives and negatives.  My main concern is the PSVR lower resolution than what I am used to but I hope the big screen experience will still compensate for that disadvantage.

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
 Author| 27-11-2019 00:09:57 Mobile | Show all posts
Thanks for the videos,

The solution that the other guy had is different than the one I had he says he never had HDMI control turned on.
I had mine turned on in the settings and made no difference.
On mine I have a button on the remote that turns the picture off so I can just get the sound out off the Amp.

I find the 3D on the PSVR very good, Especially Disney films like Moana.
I have been using it with a PlayStation Pro and I find resolution fine.
The only problem I don't like is sometimes you have to keep centring the picture as it drifts a lot.
The best 3D film that pops out I have seen on it is 'A Turtle Tale'

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
27-11-2019 00:09:59 Mobile | Show all posts
Same complaint here. The sound through the headphones is plain old stereo and does nothing to add any dimensional qualities to the sound.

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
27-11-2019 00:10:00 Mobile | Show all posts
You are awesome!

Today I got my PSVR from my old place to connect to my new sound system and was shocked when I saw 3D Blu-rays only had sound via the stupidly bad connected earphones that came with the PSVR.

I googled and saw that it is a stupid limitation or something and to get audio out, you must also own a 3DTV which I don't.

I too have a Sony AVR (STR-DN1080) and that HDMI OUT to Off indeed worked like charm.

Thanks again and God bless!

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
 Author| 27-11-2019 00:10:01 Mobile | Show all posts
No problem
I also updated to the STR-DN1080 and do the same thing.

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | register

Points Rules

返回顶部