View: 652|Reply: 10

Return to gaming shortlist! PS4

[Copy link]

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
27-11-2019 00:20:36 Mobile | Show all posts |Read mode
I've returned to gaming after more than a decade abscence... I'd love some recommendations

I bought a PS4 Pro in order to play FIFA 18 during the world cup , aparently I still have the skills even though I last owned the 98 version

So far, I've bought the newer versions of the classics I used to play in the past e.g. Gran Turismo Sport, Street Fighter V, Metal Gear Solid 5... Quality games in terms of game play and aesthetics. I'll probably add GTA V...

I'd like to broaden my gaming, but still with high quality games... What should I put on my short list?

So far I have the following on my list:
God of WarHorizon: Zero DawnI'm not really into the whole Final Fantasy style gaming, but I'm open to pretty much anything that is quality or fun... So what have I been missing out on in the past 10-15 years?

Use magic Report

27-11-2019 00:20:37 Mobile | Show all posts
Welcome back!
Reply Support Not support

Use magic Report

27-11-2019 00:20:38 Mobile | Show all posts
last of us
uncharted 4
heavy rain
until dawn
detroit become human
bioshock collection
wolfenstein new order
alien isolation

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
27-11-2019 00:20:38 Mobile | Show all posts
I'd maybe even play Uncharted 2 & 3.
Hope you've got plenty of gaming time as they are some long games you've mentioned and some very good games to be released in the next few months.
Spiderman
Red Dead 2
Assassins Creed
Resident Evil 2

Use magic Report

27-11-2019 00:20:39 Mobile | Show all posts
All the Uncharted games are worth a play as said, and The Last Of Us is essential.
Bloodborne - its hard as nails, but very rewarding, and an absolute classic, plus only on PS.
The last Tomb Raider game was also excellent by the way. Well worth a look.

As mentioned, I hope you've plenty of time on your hands!

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
GTA V is obligatory.

There’s a whole bunch of last Gen remasters that are worth getting:
- Bioshock Collection
- Nathan Drake Collection
- Borderlands
- Return to Arkham
- Assassins Creed the Ezio Collection.

On top of that lot:
- Arkham Knight
- Infamous Second Son
- The Order (short but now cheap and worth it for the cinematics)
- Knack

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
 Author| 27-11-2019 00:20:39 Mobile | Show all posts
Thanks for all of the replies guys!

I've picked up a few games, mostly on sale, in the playstation store:
Street Fighter 30th Anniversary (superior game play to the newest version). I know I'll end up playing both these old classics as well as the new one as I was pretty good at it as a kid in the arcade days. Liek FIFA, good to pick up for the occasional half an hour of competition.
Battlefield 1. Stunning visuals on the projector. Excellent sound. Decent campaign mode and excellent Operations mode on multiplayer. I used to play Counter Strike back in the day, but I'm not that hardcore anymore so this has the flavour of that, but is much more cinematic. I'll probably get the new one a few months after it's release if it measures up.Shadow of the Colosus remaster. Looks good, very atmospheric, but after beating a few colossi it got repetitive in terms of gameplay and I knew I didn't want to waste too much time with it. I uninstalled it and probably won't get back to it anytime soon. Nice enough game.Uncharted 4: Bought this as it seems the most current of the series. If I like it I might revisit the earlier ones, but I tend not to do so with games unless they are a lot of fun. I haven't played this yet, but I'm looking forward to it.Journey: I want to see what all the fuss is about
The list (yet to play):
God of WarHorizon Zero DawnUncharted 4The Last of Us: Everyone has recommended this remaster. I'll add it to the list.Bloodborne: I know I don't have time for all the dark souls series. I suppose this is the one to pick to see what all of this is about. Maybe have it to play after I comolete the first 3 games on my list later in the year.GTA V or Metal Gear Solid Phantom Pain? Which of these to get first? I'm leaning towards Metal Gear as Rockstar have a new game coming out later in the year (Red Dead 2?) which I could probably add to the list in place of GTA V... Thoughts?Which horror game should I add? Resident Evil 7?
Other comments:
I'm not fond of Assasins Creed. I found the eariler one very repetitive and the game play not that compelling.
I can't get excited about dongeons and dragons/Lord of rings type games so I won't play Witcher 3 and such games.
I might check out some of the shorter, supposedly cinematic/narrative focused games at some point, Until Dawn and Detroit Become Human just to see what all the fuss is about.

Again, thanks guys. It seems I have enough for a year of gaming if not more in terms of the single player games as well as the regulars that I can pick up casually (FIFA, Street Fighter, GranTurismo & whatever shooter is fun).

Use magic Report

me personally i dont think much of either gta 5 or metal gear solid 5 with metal gear being particularly repetitive and disappointing

with regards to horror games resident evil 7 is great and evil within 2 is great. alien isolation is an underrated gem of a survival horror game. its the most tense i have ever felt during a video game utterly nerve wracking

narrative games such as until dawn and Detroit become human are great and if you like those heavy rain and beyond two souls are worth playing

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
 Author| 27-11-2019 00:20:40 Mobile | Show all posts
Thanks. I forgot that I had already bought Metal Gear Solid V during my first buying spree. If it gets too repetitive I can switch to the other games on the list.

I'll add Resident Evil 7 to the list and will wait to get Alien Isolation if I feel like more horror afterwards .

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
27-11-2019 00:20:40 Mobile | Show all posts
MGS 5 is a masterpiece.  A flawed masterpiece but a masterpiece nonetheless.

Use magic Report

12Next
Back New
You have to log in before you can reply Login | register

Points Rules

返回顶部