Please select To the mobile version | Continue to access the desktop computer version
12Next
Back New
View: 965|Reply: 10

PS4 Pro 4K TV Update

[Copy link]
27-11-2019 01:11:49 Mobile | Show all posts |Read mode
I am looking to purchase a PS4 Pro with a 4K TV below I saw a decent price and size tv.

Best Buy Link
LG - 50" Class (49.5" Diag.) - LED - 2160p - Smart - 4K Ultra HD TV - Black

Rtings Link
LG UH5500 Review (50UH5500, 65UH5500)

It looks pretty good and they also updated it to reduce the input lag. Would this be a good buy? I am coming from a 1080P vizio

Use magic Report

27-11-2019 01:11:50 Mobile | Show all posts
You need a 65 !
Reply Support Not support

Use magic Report

27-11-2019 01:11:51 Mobile | Show all posts
If your getting a pro you ideally want a 4k hdr capable tv, hdr is meant to make more of a difference than the bump in resolution to image quality, and both those tv's you have linked don't have hdr

Use magic Report

27-11-2019 01:11:52 Mobile | Show all posts
Agree entirely. If you're going to get a new TV to go with the Pro, you must try to get one that will handle HDR or you're missing part of the package.

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
27-11-2019 01:11:53 Mobile | Show all posts
Definitely agree that you ideally want a TV with full HDR10 capability - some of the budget HDR TV's (like the Samsung KU series) won;t offer the wide colour gamut and are not a great deal brighter than a non-HDR TV which can make HDR look worse than non-HDR content in games (at least according to Eurogamer)

The 'Cheapest' (I believe) is the KS7000 from Samsung. I own the KS8000 myself and its absolutely awesome - especially for gaming. Just spent the last week playing Horizon Zero Dawn in 4k HDR (simply stunning game) to Platinum level. The TV also has a great input lag too and best in class. I know others are very good (like the Panasonic) and only 1/100th of a second slower (about a frame a 60fps) so barely noticeable for all but seriously dedicated gamers.

I can only recommend the Samsungs personally as that's the TV I have most experience with but you would be missing out on a significant part of the PS4 Pro's visuals. Unless you go 'Big' some 4k content won't be that different from 1080p - Its more obvious in gaming as its 'sharper' in general than movies but HDR is a significantly different.

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
27-11-2019 01:11:54 Mobile | Show all posts
As I see you have a few console which is your fave.. As I am considering ditching the Xbox One trade it in for a PS4 Pro. I am not allowed to have more than one in this house hold..

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
27-11-2019 01:11:55 Mobile | Show all posts
Its really not that simple. The PS4 Pro has a number of key advantages to me - especially with a 4k HDR TV. However there are a few areas that it doesn't match-up to the XB1. PSN is great but Live is better - not as much as during the PS3 era though. The controller is better on XB1 too - better built and cheaper to replace. Of course there is the Elite controller too which is easily better than any other controller I have owned - inc Scuf. Gold is currently better too as the games offered are more consistently better (or more appealing to me at least) and of course the XB1 offers Backwards Compatibility. I prefer a number of PS exclusives as the best are better than any Xbox exclusive but I still like more (numerically) Xbox exclusives. The Pro often means games run and look better than Xbox versions. The XB1s of course has a 4k HDR Bluray player too so that's another advantage for me. MS are better at updating the OS - the PS4 has only just got external HDD support.

It really depends on what you want, what games you play - even if you are thinking about the Scorpio as all the games you have will work on that too - inc the XB360 Backwards Compatible games.

Its not as simple as it seems...

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
27-11-2019 01:11:56 Mobile | Show all posts
Might just get myself a PS4 then it the game Crash i want to play tbh but someone says it coming out on Xbox at some point wether that true or not as nothing come from the company mouth

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
27-11-2019 01:11:58 Mobile | Show all posts
When developers make games that are totally exclusive, they usually say 'exclusive' or 'only on...'. So far no word as been said on this being totally exclusive so chances are, its a timed exclusive and as its published by Activision, its more than likely going to be available on other platforms at some point. I wouldn't be surprised if it comes to Switch too - its not that complex or visually intensive - even with being rebuilt.

How long that remains on one Platform, if it is coming to others of course, remains to be seen. So far its only had a PS4 release date. I wouldn't be surprised if Sony arranged for some exclusivity as the original games were once made by Naughty Dog and to have the right to use 'Crash' in U4, they came to some mutually beneficial arrangement to have first release.

Use magic Report

27-11-2019 01:11:59 Mobile | Show all posts
Yet ps4 ui is seen as better as its less laggy and bloated (apart from the new notifications section, why Sony?). Whilst external hdd support has only just been added, sony have allowed the internal hdd to be replaced sinced day 1, which is something ms still dont allow. But you're right its not so straight forward, and each console has positives and negatives and it depends on what you are looking for in a console.

Another thing to consider regarding new xbox games is that they'll all be released on pc (sure phil spencer admitted all will be from now on) so if you have a gaming rig then you can still access exclusives without an xbox.

Use magic Report

12Next
Back New
You have to log in before you can reply Login | register

Points Rules

返回顶部