DLNA errors & media streaming

[Copy link]

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
27-11-2019 01:16:43 Mobile | Show all posts
Hi Al B,

Let me know how it goes. Though last night's experiment went well, more tests are still needed.

Good luck on your side.
Reply Support Not support

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
Hi Al B,

Any luck so far.

For my case, it has worked without any error for 2 separate videos with a total run time of 1 hour 23 minutes.

Please do try my earlier recommendation and see if it works for you too.

Cheers.

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
Hi Boon88,

I haven't looked at it since my last post.

One thing I have had to do though is give back the Linksys router I had borrowed. Which is a shame. So I'm back on my old Belkin F5D7630uk4a.

Hopefully over the weekend, I'll have a try at the wireless streaming again, with the PS3 configured with manually entered DNS servers. Just to see if the streaming is more reliable, with the DNS server entries in place, like it was on the Linksys.

Cheers

AL

Use magic Report

Hi, I am new to this, but I use my PS 3 for streaming from my PC using windows media player 11 since the 2.50 update I have been getting an error on my PS3 'A DLNA Protocol Error (7522) has Occurred' when I try to stream my music, streaming photo's & video's are no problem, has any once come across this one, if so how do you get round it.

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
27-11-2019 01:16:44 Mobile | Show all posts
That's a new error to me.

What's your PC setup? Also what router you're using? More technical information would be better if you can provide.

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
Sorry Ashworth, not seen that one either. Yet.

An update from me.

I'm back using the Belkin router, and managed to get some TV time last night to try streaming again.

Started to play the XviD video, and immediately got a "disconnected from media server" error. Although the media server was still listed in the XMB I did a "search for media servers" in the hope this would do a re-connect.

Browsed to the video again, got a DLNA 2104, but this just disappeared. Started the video again. About 3 mins in I got the 80710723 error, but again this disappeared and after a short pause, the video continued. And continued on to about 30 mins, when I manually ended it. It was late, so could not test to see if the video played all the way through.

So although the errors are still occuring, at least the video continued to play, which is an improvement over what things used to be like with the Belkin. So maybe, just maybe, the DNS settings on the PS3 have made a difference. Still not reliable enough though.

AL

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
Here's what worked for me.

My problem was also DLNA 2104 appears and goes away. The streaming seems to work sort of ok but is not very reliable. For instance, if I play an MP3 in the background during a picture slideshow, the slideshow is very slow and pauses for long intervals sometimes never restarting.

Not sure what Sony did back in firmware ~2.5 but it used to work flawlessly. I have tried both the default Windows Home Server and TVersity servers (on WHS). Both with the same results.

After reading other posts about how theirs works flawlessly wired but has issues with wireless, I decided to try a wired connection (sort of) and have had no issues after doing so. Music plays in the background while my slideshow is smooth and I saw no DLNA 2104 errors. I hate to believe this but it appears to be something with the PS3 wireless drivers in the newer firmwares.

Now, what did I mean by a "sort of" wired connection. Along with my main wireless access point, I have another wireless router with DD-WRT functioning as a "client bridge" sitting behind my entertainment center. The PS3 is connected to that via ethernet cable and thinks it has a wired connection but I still have the freedom of wireless.

If anyone else uses this method, be sure to set up the following feature to ping your main wireless access point/router every 60 seconds. This will keep the connection alive between the two routers even if your PS3 is off. DD-WRT -> Administration -> Keep Alive -> WDS/Connection Watchdog. Otherwise, the DD-WRT router will disconnect and you'll have to reboot it when turning on the PS3.

Since switching to a "wired" connection yesterday, I have had no DLNA protocol errors and everything has worked flawlessly so far. Hope this helps as a workaround to Sony's software problems.

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
Thanks Geoff.

Along a similar approach, I have borrowed a Linksys wireless gaming adapter of a mate. So will give that a try too.

Cheers

AL

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
27-11-2019 01:16:45 Mobile | Show all posts
Hi Geoff,

I think you may be right or what I have suspected earlier, the firmware updates messed up some drivers for the wireless adapter.

At first I thought the problem was resolved when I increased the number of connections and extending the timelimit before dropping out but the problem is back to haunt me.

I'm currently on 2.53 so the latest firmware update did not do anything about them wireless drivers.

Let us know if you have any progress on your side.

Use magic Report

27-11-2019 01:16:45 Mobile | Show all posts
Hi guys,

I have been messing around trying to stream movies from my pc to PS3.  I get errors such as 'com surrogate' and 'DLNA'  purely because of the xvid codec that I installed.  Divx seems to be fine!

If you are having major issues it could well be your xvid that is to blame.  Once a corrupt file gets into your media library that will also continue to cause problems until you have deleted it.  A system restart may well be necessary on both the PS3 and pc once you have cleared out and cleaned up the mess!  Hope this helps.  

I never thought creating a video library would give me so many hours of fun!!!  aaarghh!

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | register

Points Rules

返回顶部