View: 346|Reply: 3

Question Astro A50’s still worth the price?

[Copy link]

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
27-11-2019 02:10:43 Mobile | Show all posts |Read mode
Im coming from a pair of Sony 1000xm3’s which are a fantastic pair of noise cancelling headphones, however they unfortunately suffer from huge latency so cannot be used wirelessly for anything other than music.

I’ve been doing some research into some new gaming cans and it’s impossible not to notice how highly praised the Astro headsets are. Especially the Astro a50’s!
I cannot figure out if they are (still) worth the price tag though, especially given that they no longer include a sort after codec.

I cannot decipher whether or not the astros are so expensive, and have such a good following because of their audio quality or because of the hype that once surrounded Dolby digital 7.1; Something that a few years back was unique in headsets. This just isn’t so anymore, in fact Astro have recently dropped the 7.1 transcoder in their latest gen 4 products. Instead they now state that there headphones support Dolby atmos - well i have a pair of Poundland earphones that support Dolby atmos, It’s not unique in the slightest! so long as you have stereo headphones and pay Xbox there £15 you’re good to go

At least the gen 3 Astros still gave you the option of Dolby digital 7.1 for older titles. It seems that you actually get less for your money getting a gen 4.

So my question is, are the Astro A50’s still worth the price tag in 2019?

Use magic Report

27-11-2019 02:10:44 Mobile | Show all posts
I believe they are not worth the price tag, don't get me wrong all Astro headsets are very good headsets and in particular the A50's. There are many other headsets that are cheaper and still an excellent quality.

One headset I recommend is any of the Hyperx range, the sound quality is perfect on them and they are comfortable to wear. Hyperx is quite a big PC gamer headset and certainly a lot cheaper than the Astro headsets. You can save anywhere between £120-£200 on the Hyperx headsets.

I suppose it all comes down to budget and how much you are prepared to pay
Reply Support Not support

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
 Author| 27-11-2019 02:10:45 Mobile | Show all posts
Yeah, I ended up buying a good quality used pair for £150. They’re not bad and do what I wanted regarding wireless gaming but they are no where near in construction quality or audio quality to the Sony 1000xm3’s I own costing a similar price when new.

I’m still of the opinion that if you don’t need a truly wireless headset then you’re better off purchasing a decent set of headphones instead.

Use magic Report

27-11-2019 02:10:45 Mobile | Show all posts
Good to hear,

I agree with this opinion too, save your money unless you need it for a specific reason

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | register

Points Rules

返回顶部