View: 302|Reply: 2

xbox one with hdmi splitter advice

[Copy link]

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
27-11-2019 02:10:54 Mobile | Show all posts |Read mode
So what I want to do is keep my xbox one at 4k hdr res and send the video signal to my tv through a hdmi splitter, the second output will be connected to a soundbar in hope that I can enable dolby atmos as my soundbar doesn't do 4k passthrough

does anyone know if this will cause some sort of conflict? will the xbox just use the lowest demoninator being my soundbar only accepts 1080p signals? would the xbox even take into account that the soundbar is a dolby digital device?

I know id need to get a splitter that supports 4k HDR hdmi 2.0 (or 2.1 I guess) with hdmi-cec. or would I want to get one without hdmi cec you think?

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
27-11-2019 02:10:55 Mobile | Show all posts
There is a cheap splitter/scaler here, not tested personally but it claims to support Atmos and will scale a 4K image down to 1080p on the second output.

The more professional and expensive option is a HD Fury device like the Vertex, they make cheaper devices like the Linker and AVR Key but these are not ideal for use with game consoles, the Vertex is on the other hand better suited and supports all of Xbox advanced features like ALLM, VRR, Dolby Vision etc.

If using the Vertex download the latest firmware from their site, connect it up to a PC and use their PC software to configure how you want it to work. You can purchase an optional BT dongle which allows config via smartphone app.
Reply Support Not support

Use magic Report

27-11-2019 02:10:56 Mobile | Show all posts
I used an HDMI splitter a couple of years ago with my OG X1 and always had problems changing the signal. It wasn't an expensive one, though.
In the end I just decided I was better off getting an AV receiver, even though I am only able to set up 2 speakers.

If you can, I'd recommend that over a splitter.
Especially looking at the above linked one. You can get a decent receiver for a bit extra.
Richer Sounds have a Yamaha Atmos receiver for around £40 more than the splitter.
Reply Support Not support

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | register

Points Rules

返回顶部