View: 304|Reply: 3

Question How can xbone not play all BR?

[Copy link]

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
27-11-2019 02:11:00 Mobile | Show all posts |Read mode
We bought Spiderman: homecoming on BR. On XBOX it just hangs on the app loading screen every time. Other discs are fine.

How in 2019 can something as basic as playing a ****ing movie not work? I've never had this issue on a 20 quid dvd player or my very old PS3.

No error code. So I've wasted my cash? I wondered if it might be a DRM or similar issue

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
27-11-2019 02:11:02 Mobile | Show all posts
The most common cause I've heard is that it's a partial disc/drive issue, the BD drive in Xbox is pretty sensitive so any discs that may have some imperfections that other players skip over Xbox will not.

Whether there is any truth to that I cannot say, but it seems plausible.

The only other plausible reason is the BD app is buggy and hasn't been tested enough against various BD discs, something unexpected in the files/code structure of the BD disc make the Xbox app crash.

If you were so inclined you could put those theories to the test by buying a second copy of the Spiderman movie and see what happens.
Reply Support Not support

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
 Author| 27-11-2019 02:11:03 Mobile | Show all posts
I might see if they'll replace it in the shop rather than simply return it.

Given the app hangs on the startup screen it clearly IS buggy though that might be a secondary issue not the cause.

I did read that Xbox BR app requires internet access which generally makes me feel it's not a great player... As well as the fact you have to install an app in the first place and disc playback isn't just built in.

Use magic Report

27-11-2019 02:11:03 Mobile | Show all posts
I have never been that happy with the Xbox for Blu-Ray playback, back in 2013 when it first launched it had plenty of issues which over the years have been fixed but still it’s far noisy for my liking so use it only for the reason I bought it, for gaming.

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | register

Points Rules

返回顶部