View: 293|Reply: 1

Question Can XBox One be a viable PVR?

[Copy link]

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
27-11-2019 02:14:08 Mobile | Show all posts |Read mode
I loved the idea of making my XBone my central hub for Netflix, DVD and TV and was excited to buy a media remote and the TV adapter... my TV is smart but the Netflix app has bugs, the built-in PVR is limited and it confuses my surround sound system when I change inputs.

The TV adapter works OK though the interface is kind of clunky. Pausing live TV is limited to about an hour and typically 20min in I get a horrible "rolling" effect which I have to fastforward/rewind to fix. And I was sad to find I cannot easily use it as an actual PVR, only pause live TV. If this was addressed it would be wonderful.

Has anyone had success doing this or is it just a case I should buy a proper PVR and have a stack of devices?

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
27-11-2019 02:14:09 Mobile | Show all posts
If can be done but requires some degree of setup.

Basically buy a HDHomerun device and purchase their DVR service, the DVR service requires a computer or NAS on which the PVR software is installed, this works in tandem with the network tuner. On Xbox install HDHomerun client and you have access to live TV and PVR.

Thats the easiest way to go about it, there are others, TV Mosaic does the same thing but does not have an Xbox client instead other front ends like Kodi, Emby and Plex plug into it, providing PVR duties. Be aware Plex charges money for access to this feature, others do not.
Reply Support Not support

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | register

Points Rules

返回顶部