Author: trapdoor berk

BT Smart Hub (6)

[Copy link]

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
27-11-2019 02:27:12 Mobile | Show all posts
Been using BT hubs since the Hub3 and have recently upgraded to the Smarthub .
I have 2 X Box ones , mine downstairs and my son's upstairs , we use wireless for everything due to the house layout and i have infinity 2 fibre .
Initially used 'as is' out of the box and worked fine for both consoles until speed issues , lag , no chat and drop out became major problems .
With a lot of research and experiment i now get a stable and consistent performance from both consoles which are frequently in use at the same time.
First thing to do is turn off your hubs ' smart set up ' .
Next go to Advanced Settings and enable the Separate Channels option
This splits the 2.4 and 5 GHz channels allowing you to allocate your console a permanent connection to one of the bands , by default the two bands are named and seen as one by the X Box when setting the internet connection.
This is the root cause of all the issues as the hub frequently switches channels AND frequencies beween the consoles creating more problems than it cures.
I have my console set to the 5GHz band as this has the shortest range and my sons whose room is at the far end of the house is set to the 2.4GHz band.
I get a consistent 70 mbps download / 18 mbps upload with 90% signal strength and he gets 65 mbps down / 18 up 80% signal .
We can both stream from Netflix at the same time with no buffering or lag and since adopting these changes around 3 months ago not a single issue with online games or download times .
Even if you only have one X box in the house it's well worth doing the channel separation and setting it up to use one band only but although the 5GHz is faster unless your console is pretty close ( line of sight ) the older 2.4GHz will give a better connection .
Reply Support Not support

Use magic Report

Back New
You have to log in before you can reply Login | register

Points Rules

返回顶部