Back New
Author: DarenD

GAME price match

[Copy link]
27-11-2019 02:27:30 Mobile | Show all posts
If I owned GAME I would charge a fair price and but NEVER Price Match under any circumstances. I agree its less of an issue on CD's, Games, Blu Ray discs etc as opposed to hardware where good advice and warranties are needed.. But why the hell give margain away for? Many years ago I used work in Jessops and there were two legendary 'customers' who wanted a price match on everything. Film, Photographic paper, batteries...you name it. They used to trawl though Amateur Photographer magazine and on one occasion one of them argued the bloody toss over a £1.50 saving on some film..bet spent more than that to-ing and fro-ing in petrol/wear on his car etc. Price Matching encourages greed, lowers the margin in an already margin-shrunk industry and is unfair to those who don't ask.
Reply Support Not support

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
27-11-2019 02:27:31 Mobile | Show all posts
Agreed, but it also stops you going to the store. I get your point on £1.50, but with Game it's more than £1.50.

I went to trade in two games today. Last of Us and Uncharted Collection on PS4.

Total trade value (repeat, trade, not cash) from Game was £20. At CEX, it was £28. That's not even close. I use Game, and had intended to save the credit but now they don't price match for trades I find I'll only go in there for new consoles. I have a feeling the Xbox One X may well be the last time I do this though.

The thing is I'll be sad if/when Game closes but I won't be surprised.

Use magic Report

27-11-2019 02:27:32 Mobile | Show all posts
I went in on the weekend to do the expression off interest for the XboxoneX. Now the store i go into on Market Square in Nottingham actually hasn't been bad for about a year with the hassle factor. Thats all changed with the new manager. It took me nearly half an hour to just get my interest registered with him hassling me to buy the new reward card. In the end i just said there is no way in hell im paying £36 for a rewards card. Massive queue and annoyed customers aplenty because of it.

i can see them going bust again. Im just hoping it after ive picked up my SNES Mini and XboxoneX.

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
27-11-2019 02:27:33 Mobile | Show all posts
Yeah it's a real pain now that they no longer price match. But I have noticed in my last couple of visits that there trade-in prices have started to get a lot more competitive with other stores. Or maybe I was just lucky with the choice of titles I traded in!

Use magic Report

Back New
You have to log in before you can reply Login | register

Points Rules

返回顶部