View: 409|Reply: 2

Xbox one s

[Copy link]

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
27-11-2019 02:30:46 Mobile | Show all posts |Read mode
I had a £150 voucher so I used this towards a Xbox one s I purchased several games with it and brought 12 months live gold
To be honest I love the Graphics and movie playback but the choice of games I feel disappointed about.
No Xbox 360 for Need for speed most wanted 2005 which was the best nfs game

Gta for Xbox 360 won't play as far as I am aware. The last guardian wasn't released for Xbox and games list available on the Xbox store are A: highly overpriced B: not many quality games to choose from. They even have Plague Inc a android game and charge more for it.

I am disappointed that they didn't have The Last Guardian.

So I am considering buying a second hand old ps4 cheap just to fill the gaps in the game library.

As a pc gamer I felt I had more freedom using pc games.

The one thing I love about the Xbox is the cinematic of movie playback and graphics and sound is good too.

The one issue I have is that I can figure out how to use the Xbox one s to control my tv as I read that it has a ir blaster?

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
27-11-2019 02:30:47 Mobile | Show all posts
Digital games on console are always more expensive than digital only store fronts like PC/mobile, there are complicated reasons why but it basically boils down to keeping retailers happy as physical media is still considered a major selling point for consoles.

Mobile games might be priced higher sometimes because the micro transactions are removed or the developer had to price their game in a race to the bottom on mobile and hopes to recover the price on platforms that spend more money.

That said digital pricing is improving and sales are held were you can get some good deals, sites like this which watch the Xbox store for price changes are also invaluable in spotting deals.

Microsofts Xbox Anywhere system makes the games available on PC running Windows 10, you can download and play the same game you have on Xbox and your save status will transfer back and forth between PC/console.  Xbox Anywhere titles are still fairly thin on the ground but there should be lots more coming in the future, Xbox One gets the big name AAA titles but if your interested in the output of Japanese studios then Playstation/Steam receive more support here.

Lastly MS curates it's content, Steam no longer does, there are pros and cons to both approaches.

Last Guardian is a Sony game, Sony's in-house stuff is never going to appear on other platforms.

GTA4 is backwards compatible, Microsoft are steadily working through the library not everything is there but it's getting better.

The Xbox One S has an IR receiver which means you can use universal remotes to control the Xbox not the TV.

The Kinect system doubled as an IR blaster allowing you to control over AV devices with it, you'd have to get the camera and the special adapter required to connect the Kinect to the Xbox One S.
Reply Support Not support

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
27-11-2019 02:30:48 Mobile | Show all posts
It does have an IR Blaster as it turns on and off my TV.
It will be under settings and Devices.
Reply Support Not support

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | register

Points Rules

返回顶部