View: 475|Reply: 7

Xbox live gold and 360 games on the one

[Copy link]

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
27-11-2019 02:33:15 Mobile | Show all posts |Read mode
Hi, newbie with gold, at the grand old age of 39 I've bought  my first subscription to gold,

A few questions, I can see the subscription is active and have downloaded the free Xbox one games, but the free Xbox 360 games that are also meant to be playable on the one, show a charge.

In this case, I click on the free game for this month, it opens a new window with 'click to confirm price' I click it and it says download now for £24.99? Try the same on my phone, signed into my account, and it says free with gold, normal price £24.99 click to download, which I do, it then asks for full payment of £24.99 to download,

Any advice? Thanks.

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
27-11-2019 02:33:16 Mobile | Show all posts
Hi @Bubblin, you can only download the Games with Gold for free within a certain time window. It works like this;

1st to 15th of the month - 1 x Xbox 360 game AND 1 x Xbox One game are available to download for free.
16th to 30th/31st - another 2 games as above.

If you miss the window for downloading, then it's tough luck I'm afraid, Xbox Live will start to charge for it again.

I've been waiting to get an Xbox One since it came out, but have been marking the Xbox One games for download on my 360 account. When I set up my One, I'll be able to download ALL of the games I've marked for download over the past 2 years!

Top tip; once you download a game once, you've got it for life - if you delete it in the future, you'll always be able to download it again for free (important; on the same Gamertag as you downloaded it), as Live sees that you own the digital rights to it.

Hope that makes sense
Reply Support Not support

Use magic Report

27-11-2019 02:33:17 Mobile | Show all posts
Just to add, there's an issue which I don't think Microsoft have addressed.
If you've only ever owned an Xbox One you can't download the free Xbox360 games.
You need to use your account on a 360 to be able to claim those free games.

On the flip side, like Doug the D is doing, if you own a 360 but have yet to buy an X1 or even use your account on one, you can still claim the free games for X1 to download when you get the console.

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
27-11-2019 02:33:19 Mobile | Show all posts
This has just floored me and had a very frustrating chat session with a Microsoft person.

Recently got an Xbox One for my son (10-year-old) and a years Gold Membership. The free Xbox One games are all 16 or 18 rated so thought I'd get him one of the free 360 games.

After trying and failing to get it to download, and thinking it must be to do with the account settings I tried the chat session.

So the result is, as Lostsoul says, to get the Free 360 game to download on the One you need to select it using a 360 Console, even though it all links to the same Microsoft account and you could then download them to the One. And looking at the January games its the same situation, both One games are not age appropriate. The Gold membership seems to be a waste of money for kids

Use magic Report

27-11-2019 02:33:20 Mobile | Show all posts
You can download the 360 games with gold titles off the MS website:
Games with Gold | Xbox Live
although for 360 games I think you need a payment method associated with your account (even though you won't be charged).
The support site says they are working to get 360 games downloadable on the One.
Games with Gold FAQ | Download Free Xbox Games
One other thought, have you tried downloading them using the Smartglass App, under the store section? I'm sure I've done this (I know I have for Xbox one GwG titles), but as I had a 360 before I can't say whether it would work for you.

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
27-11-2019 02:33:21 Mobile | Show all posts
I have tried the MS website but get this error:

"Sorry
Your account is unable to make this type of purchase on Xbox.com. Please complete this transaction from your Xbox."

Bizarrely I get the same error when trying from the Xbox.

I thought it must be to do with the account setup which is why I'd gone the chat route with MS. Maybe it's because there is no payment set up.

I'll look into the Smartglass App, thanks for that suggestion.

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
27-11-2019 02:33:22 Mobile | Show all posts
Adding a payment method hasn't helped.

Looking at this it seems that child accounts can't make 360 Purchases at all without the console:
Troubleshoot Xbox 360 Marketplace Purchasing

Use magic Report

27-11-2019 02:33:23 Mobile | Show all posts
As I said previously, it doesn't seem to be anything to do with account restrictions.
Someone I used to work with bought an X1 a couple of years ago, no age restrictions on their account, but because this was a new account only ever used on an X1, they couldn't download any 360 games.
Work around?
They signed their account in on a family members 360, downloaded the game and it was there in the ready to install section via BC.

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | register

Points Rules

返回顶部