View: 421|Reply: 5

Recover Gamertag

[Copy link]

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
27-11-2019 02:34:15 Mobile | Show all posts |Read mode
So had an xbox one when it first came out then got rid of it now got an xbox one s been trying to recover my old gamertag tried different passwords it's logs into my brothers gamertag that's somehow associated with my login details any ideas how to recover my gamertag? Thanks

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
 Author| 27-11-2019 02:34:16 Mobile | Show all posts
Anyone??
Reply Support Not support

Use magic Report

27-11-2019 02:34:17 Mobile | Show all posts
Could try contacting Microsoft Support. They might send a change password email to the email associated with that gamertag? Regardless they'll know the options. They were really helpful with GwG issues I had.

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
 Author| 27-11-2019 02:34:18 Mobile | Show all posts
Rung xbox live they are useless they said they could only send a verification code to the email associated with my gamertag however can't remember what email I used

Use magic Report

27-11-2019 02:34:19 Mobile | Show all posts
That's not really their fault is it? They're not going to do any more as they've been stung in the past with people highjacking accounts to buy FIFA points etc. There's got to be some security to it.

Use magic Report

27-11-2019 02:34:19 Mobile | Show all posts
I really can't believe people still do this.
Not so much the getting rid of and then buying an Xbox again. That's a personal thing.
No. What I can't get my head around are people who forget emails and login details.
To me it's common sense to
a) use an email address that you use regularly for things like online shopping etc.
b) make a note of details like the email address and password

I've been using the same email address for at least as long as I've had an Xbox Live account(just over 10 years).
It's the same email address I use to get order confirmations from Amazon and eBay, as well as other things which require an email address.
Basically, it's my main email address. it wasn't created for Xbox.
The password is saved to auto login whenever I use it, both on consoles and to access emails via apps and web browser.
I also keep a note of the details, including the security question answers. Just in case.

I get the impression people create random email address' simply to create a gamer tag/Xbox profile and don't bother taking note of any of the details as they use auto login on the console.
This is a huge mistake.

Sorry to the OP, but I have no sympathy if you can't keep track of email details. Especially as you can end up having a lot of money tied up in digital content connected to the account.
Not very helpful, but hopefully you'll learn a lesson here.

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | register

Points Rules

返回顶部