View: 392|Reply: 1

Question Handing down a 360 to my child. Can she still play games downloaded with my Gamertag?

[Copy link]

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
27-11-2019 02:34:39 Mobile | Show all posts |Read mode
As title really,

I'm upgrading to an Xbox One for Xmas and my daughter will have the 360 for her room. Now, I've only ever had one Gamertag for online use that we both shared (although she never really played online), so now there are some games like Minecraft that I bought for her to play.

When we move the 360 into her room, she wants to have her own account (I'm not sure if it'll be online or not yet, we haven't decided, but due to lack of use, probably not), but I'm a little unsure if she'll be able to access her games that are on the HDD.

We understand that she'll lose her save games, but she's not too fussed about those, she's happy to start from scratch on her games.

The existing Gamertag I use will transfer to the Xbox One. I don't really want it on both consoles, as my daughter wants her own name to appear when she turns on the 360.

Use magic Report

27-11-2019 02:34:39 Mobile | Show all posts
Firstly, you can use the single GT on both consoles at the same time.
I still have my 360 and have signed in on both it and my X1 at the same time.
Secondly, the licenses for the games will be associated with the console as well as the account.
From what I remember, a second account can play the games on the console without the need to buy them again.
I can't remember if you need to have the account which purchased the games signed in, but there nothing to loose in experimenting.

Create a new account for your daughter now. Even set it up with a full live account but just leave it silver(this will give you the option of allowing her online later).
Sign your account out and sign the new one in and see if you can still play the games.
Reply Support Not support

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | register

Points Rules

返回顶部