View: 390|Reply: 4

Gamecube Revival!

[Copy link]

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
27-11-2019 02:45:24 Mobile | Show all posts |Read mode
After playing a fair bit of Super Mario Kart on the SNES Mini, my mate and I decided it had been far too long since we'd played some MK Double Dash. And it's still so good! Some minor annoyances like not being able to look behind, and not being able to hold items behind (though it does make for a more satisfying feeling when you fire a shell at the right moment to counter an incoming one). Played it on the Wii using a Wii2HDMI adaptor.

I think Timesplitters 2 could be the next to come out... One single player I'm tempted to carry on with Metroid Prime but I have the trilogy on Wii and not sure which control method I prefer.

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
27-11-2019 02:45:25 Mobile | Show all posts
Big Gamecube fan myself, still have my collection of over a hundred games I collected since the console's release.  Trouble is, they get zero playtime anymore due to them looking so poor on our lounge set up, and I'm still undecided as to what the best method is for me to up the display for something more acceptable.  Easiest option appears to be the GCHD adaptors but they retail for a rather high price.  To be continued I guess...

MK Double Dash remains one of my favourite MK's - some great tracks.
Never got in to Timesplitters myself.  Tried several times due to the dev' team being made up of a lot of the Goldeneye/Perfect Dark seniors of Rare Ware, but it lacked the magic of their N64 offerings imo.
Metroid Prime still feels great from a gameplay perspective - replayed it a couple of years ago and felt it's really stood the test of time.  I hope Metroid Prime 4 can reboot the franchise, but without Retro Studios at the helm, it's a tall order.

Best GCN games to play today for me;
Super Mario Sunshine - Criminally underrated.
Paper Mario Two Thousand Year Door - first playthrough is so much fun.
Metroid Prime 1&2 (although 2 was lacking in some areas)
Mario Kart Double Dash
F-Zero GX - the peak of the franchise, shame Sega never developed a sequel.
Luigi's Mansion
Donkey Kong Jungle Beat - Bongos were gimmicky, but this platformer utilises them really well and provides a platformer with a unique flow.  Looks great still too.
Wind Waker - Although beaten by the Wii-U rerelease
Twilight Princess - Although beaten by the Wii-U rerelease
Four Swords Adventures - Multiplayer with separate Gameboy Advances for each player = super fun.
Some of the Mario sports sims; Golf, Tennis etc.
Smash Bros Melee - imo this was one of the best titles, but doesn't hold up too well anymore.
Reply Support Not support

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
27-11-2019 02:45:26 Mobile | Show all posts
I often spark up the GC and it is usually for FZ GC. What a game that is! The Gamecube is one of my favourite consoles.

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
27-11-2019 02:45:27 Mobile | Show all posts
I've been playing some gc recently via dolphin emulator. F-Zero GX and Viewtiful Joe. Great games.

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
27-11-2019 02:45:28 Mobile | Show all posts
Possible mini N64 and GameCube coming, maybe?

N64 Classic Mini release date rumours: Is the next Nintendo Mini on its way?

IMO Nintendo should make a modern mini console but I guess the switch keeps them fully stretched on resources.

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | register

Points Rules

返回顶部