View: 613|Reply: 3

Sending Wii (Component) video signal wirelessly to another room?

[Copy link]

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
27-11-2019 03:17:00 Mobile | Show all posts |Read mode
To begin, I was first curious on how far the Wii Remote control will respond without losing a signal. I managed to Power on and stay connected to the Wii console when I was in a room at the other side of the house (and the control was still fully responsive). Then I saw a load of Wii wireless sensor bars on Amazon. ...and then I come up with some idea.

Downstairs in out family room, we have a Wii Console connected up to an Onkyo reciever using component cables (Red/Green/Blue/White/Red) and upstairs in my bedroom I have an Optoma HD600X-lv projector with a VGA to Component adaptop (which I use for my PS2 also). I have known of these for years but there are tonnes of options for video senders on the market. most of these video senders have Red/White/Yellow connectors but are there any with Red/Green/Blue/White/Red component connectors? If so that will be a real help and allow me to play the Wii in another room. I am looking for one that will provide a good quality 480p image and have no lag, does anybody know?

Here is an image explaining what I am talking about.

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
27-11-2019 03:17:01 Mobile | Show all posts
Or buy a second had wii , seen some go for as low as £30 , and have that in the room might be less hassle in the long run
Reply Support Not support

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
 Author| 27-11-2019 03:17:02 Mobile | Show all posts
I do partically agree with you there. I am wanting to use the same Wii because you can have the same save files (including ones which can't be moved) and use the same profile on Wii Fit Plus.

btw, I have noticed on the Onkyo, there is a Red/White/Yellow Zone 2 output, maybe that will be something?

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
27-11-2019 03:17:02 Mobile | Show all posts
What you really want is a receiver with 2 x HDMI outputs, I have a Yamaha A810 in my lounge and have TiVo, HTPC, PS3, 360, Wii, Wii U and Soon PS4. I have 1 HDMI output going to the Lounge TV and the 2nd HDMI output going up to my bedroom TV via a long concealed HDMI cable. I can basically do everything in my bedroom that I can in the lounge as I have duplicate controllers for each machine

One word of advice don't look into HDMI matrix boxes they're are a headache and not nearly as elegant as a good receiver with 2 or more HDMI outputs.

Oh and yes it will take the component signal from the Wii and output through HDMI.

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | register

Points Rules

返回顶部