123Next
Back New
View: 1423|Reply: 20

Ok, bought my first Pokemon game. Help!!!!

[Copy link]
27-11-2019 03:17:56 Mobile | Show all posts |Read mode
As a "mature" gamer I thought it was about time I try out the Pokemon phenomenon. So I purchased a 3DS XL along with the Y version of the game. I'm embarrassed to say that I've pretty much not got a clue what to do. Have got as far as meeting up with the professor and he's given me a couple of things. I have half a dozen pokemon collected with a pikachew leveled up to 11 at the moment.
Does anyone have any pointers/tips????

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
27-11-2019 03:17:57 Mobile | Show all posts
Just play through it, catch as many Pokemon as you can, beat anybody that challenges you and speak top every person you pass as they can give you various items for free

Taken the below off this website: Parents' Guide to Pokémon | Pokemon.com
In most games, the player takes on the role of a young Trainer, whose journey involves traveling from town to town catching and training Pokémon, and battling against other Trainers' teams of Pokémon on a quest to become the Pokémon League Champion. An additional goal is to catch and catalog all of the many Pokémon within the game's world. All Pokémon have one or two innate element types that reflect the Pokémon's strengths or weaknesses. For example, Water-type Pokémon have a natural advantage over Fire-type Pokémon, who in turn have an advantage over Grass-type Pokémon, and so on. Despite this battling aspect of the games, the Pokémon games avoid explicit violence; Pokémon never die during the course of the game. Trainers are invited to take part in many peripheral activities when playing, including talent and beauty contests, tournaments, and fishing (for Pokémon, of course!).

Players can battle and trade Pokémon with other players as well, letting children learn the merits of sharing and sportsmanship. With newer video game systems such as the Nintendo DS and the Wii console, players can even play and trade Pokémon via Nintendo Wi-Fi Contention® with other Trainers around the world.
Reply Support Not support

Use magic Report

Author| 27-11-2019 03:17:58 Mobile | Show all posts
That's great. Rock, paper, scissors then. Will follow the above tips.

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
27-11-2019 03:17:59 Mobile | Show all posts
I've done the same thing!
First ever Pokemon game and bought a 3ds XL along with the Y version! LOL!

A 'kid' game? I am finding it tougher than GTA V!

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
27-11-2019 03:18:00 Mobile | Show all posts
Somebody posted this on HUKD which I think about sums it up
                                                                                                                                                [/IMG]

Use magic Report

Author| 27-11-2019 03:18:01 Mobile | Show all posts
Haha. Pretty good.

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
27-11-2019 03:18:02 Mobile | Show all posts
I'm so nicking that!

Use magic Report

Author| 27-11-2019 03:18:02 Mobile | Show all posts
So its just the case of walking about battling and collecting.

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
27-11-2019 03:18:03 Mobile | Show all posts
Basically you want to think of Pokemon as being like a complex paper / rock / scissors game and ideally you want a range of Pokemon so that you can always have a Pokemon who is capable of dealing damage regardless of type.

This chart might help you as regards this:
http://pokemondb.net/type

Good Pokemon for you to catch early are Riolu on route 22. He is rare but well worth trying to catch. He will eventually when he is happy with you and during the day time evolve into Lucario who is a very strong Pokemon. He will cover your fighting class all the way through to the elite four at the end of the game.

Also with your starters make sure you chose differing types: e.g. I chose Chespin (Grass) so when I got the Kanto starters I chose Squirtle (Water). I could have chosen Charmander (Fire) but didn't as currently on the Mystery Gift via WiFi Nintendo are giving a way Torchic (Fire) who is also another good Pokemon.

At the end of the day though if you are just playing the game and not battling competitively you could in reality just complete the game with any Pokemon so just have fun. If you have any questions feel free to post here and I will try and help.

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
27-11-2019 03:18:04 Mobile | Show all posts
Well, being a 'cancer' which is a water star sign - I picked the Frog at the start and turtle with the professor! lol

Use magic Report

123Next
Back New
You have to log in before you can reply Login | register

Points Rules

返回顶部