123Next
Back New
Author: candi

Nintendo 2DS

[Copy link]
27-11-2019 03:18:41 Mobile | Show all posts
I was probably being critical of the Wii Mini - *but* it's a crippled version of last gen's tech for £90. If it was £49.95, I'd have probably snapped it up, and I'm sure others would be tempted.

As it stands it makes absolutely no financial sense whatsoever to buy the Wii Mini. You lose Wi-Fi, you are stuck with horrible Composite Video (which I assure you, looks dreadful on anything 32" LCD or upwards).

At least when other manufacturers downsized their consoles, they didn't cripple the hell out of them. The Xbox S for example, was actually quite an improvement on the original and included the Wi-Fi, saving the need for a dongle. Nintendo removed Wi-Fi from the Wii Mini. Why? We all know you can get a Wi-Fi dongle for literally a couple of quid that is unbelievably small for laptop use. It doesn't add up.
With the 2DS, like I said you can get a new 3DS for £115 at the minute. For the extra fiver, you'd be better off buying that and turning 3D off. However... if the 2DS was launched <£100, *then* I could see it making sense.

Not wanting to drag the thread off topic though, this is a 2DS thread, not a place for me to bash the Wii Mini.

No doubt Nintendo will announce a price-drop on the 2DS, or retailers will be selling them <£100 (or doing good bundle offers), because otherwise I can't see their being any longevity in it.

Pitch the 2DS at an appropriate price point and I will consider it, 'til then I would opt for the higher specced original model which can be had currently for a fiver more, and often for the same (or lower) price.
Reply Support Not support

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
27-11-2019 03:18:42 Mobile | Show all posts
Well I like it…. I like the look of it; how chunky it is, the way its thinner near the bottom, the way the shoulder buttons are not behind a lid.

The 3d in truth does my head in and for some reason appears to be not working so great now on my new 3ds xl with the position angle I can hold it getting narrower.

I would rather Nintendo had in truth done this with the screen of the xl and added in a 2nd analogue.

People mention screens being scratched but you can and most do buy cases.

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
I suspect this is an indication that the successor to the 3DS won't have a 3D screen.

Use magic Report

I can only sum up that hunk'o'plastic like this:

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
What are you playing at nintendo!

Use magic Report

27-11-2019 03:18:43 Mobile | Show all posts
It is an April fools joke... just form two years ago.
Classic Gaming: Nintendo 2DS: The Future - What about channel 4?

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
The thing is it's aimed at at the parents of kids....

Price is the number one issue - solved
They don't care how it looks, neither does "little timmy" - solved
It is more durable so no broken hinges - solved
It doesn't scare the parent away because of the 3D.  Most parents think 3D is bad for kids eyes and won't entertain the 3DS even if you can turn it off. - solved

I'm a parent with a 3 year old.  She is just at that age now where she wants to play on my 3DS.  I do let her but it has been dropped.  She does fiddle with the hinge.  I've set the 3D parental lock but everytime I launch a game I have to select 2D or 3D.  Either this or I keep turning the dam controls on and off. The 2DS is perfect for her and I'm considering getting her one for Xmas.

So come on - are Nintendo really that stupid?  I certainly don't think so.

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
I think it looks awful myself.

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
It might "look awful" but looks like it will be more comfotable to hold IMO. and less likely to break the damn thing.

Use magic Report

As Cobra Blade pointed out, this was already an April Fool joke two years ago.

I just don't get it...its like they paired up with Fisher Price to make a nursery toy. The 3DS is a few years old now. To make a new model and not add a second stick and a beefier internals is just ridiculous.
Yes, I realise this is simplified to bring price down but it really needs to be much less than £100 for what you are getting/losing.
And what about the games that benefit from the 3D effect such as Mario Land? I can see kids hitting the 3D model button on the lower screen having no idea why its not doing anything.

Crazy.

Love the pic.

Use magic Report

123Next
Back New
You have to log in before you can reply Login | register

Points Rules

返回顶部