12345Next
Back New
Author: Greg Hook

Biggest waste of money Steam games (by hours played)

[Copy link]

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
27-11-2019 05:30:10 Mobile | Show all posts
Gots loads of games on STEAM that I haven't touched, however, the biggest waste of money was on my PS3. I downloaded the demo of Il2 Sturmovik : Birds of Prey and loved it, then decided to go full hog and bought a Thrustmaster Joystick for 80 euros, then I ordered the game. By the time it arrived, I had just got invited to the Heroes of Newerth beta, which kicked off my whole MOBA addiction.

Suffice to say, my PS3 YLOD'd ages ago,  Il2:Sturmovik is still in it's plastic wrapper, and the Thrustmaster is somewhere in the basement with a load of cables.
Reply Support Not support

Use magic Report

27-11-2019 05:30:11 Mobile | Show all posts
Yes... Yes.. I forgot about all that... What a waste of cash! The only game I've really put some serious hours in on the PS3 was GTAV; and that was mainly drinking beers with my mate and using cheats, then it came out on the PC and the PS3 was pretty much consigned to death.

My Mrs. used the PS3 as a bluray/DVD player, ejected the permanent home of GTAV and then my beautiful, little cherub of a daughter got her hands on my disc and it's in tatters. Looks like I can't hand that into Game. All hail digital downloads #MasterRace

I had this grandiose idea that I'd play The Last of Us, Uncharted, MGS4, etc. I'd relive my Sony Playstation childhood. I'd sit down with their slightly awkward controller and play Sony exclusives. I was so stoked I even bought that PS  thing for a year [and it rolled over into the next year; yes, I paid for it, then subsequently forgot all about it and didn't pick up any of the 'free' games - the subscription just ran out last month!]

I even have the God of War Saga as well, which is like 5 games? I even bought the 'new' one for the PS3 (I think it's Ascension?) and that's still in its' plastic wrapper.

Oh, and I put in about 2 hours on The Last of Us - From what I remember, it was tremendous. A complete masterpiece on the PS3... It's just a shame I never gave it the time of day.

Use magic Report

27-11-2019 05:30:12 Mobile | Show all posts
iRacing.

Always a sucker for a 'deal' when I 'bought' it I went for the 2 year subscription for about £90.

Not my cup of tea at all, played for about an hour, uninstalled it and never touched it since.

Use magic Report

27-11-2019 05:30:13 Mobile | Show all posts
Left4Dead 2. I brought it couldn't get on with it as I prefer a more strategic\less frenetic style of gameplay. 116 minutes.

Use magic Report

27-11-2019 05:30:14 Mobile | Show all posts
CIV4.

It came free with CIV5

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
27-11-2019 05:30:15 Mobile | Show all posts
Multiboxed world of warcraft, came back after a break bought 5 x copies of new expansion 5 x subscriptions - over £150 total, played it for less than a week before getting bored.

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
27-11-2019 05:30:16 Mobile | Show all posts
Most games I purchase from bundles for me. Mostly Humble Bundle games but the cash goes to charity so can't complain. But the ever increasing library and only 2/3 games being played. :/

Use magic Report

27-11-2019 05:30:17 Mobile | Show all posts
I think I managed about 30minutes of game time on advanced warfare

Use magic Report

27-11-2019 05:30:18 Mobile | Show all posts
Any game that can be played offline has zero hours recorded. Buying a game and playing it for 4 or 5 hours is not a waste of money to me any more than buying a movie and watching it is a waste of money. A movie is around 2 hours or so...depending on the movie. I also never buy games at full price, for example, I wait until the follow up game is released to buy the previous installment.

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
27-11-2019 05:30:19 Mobile | Show all posts
We should add origin games to this discussion.
Battlefield 1 was a complete waste of money for me. I hardly played it before deleting. The campaign was worthless and online was simply a yawn. You just run around and mindlessly shoot away. And then there's the cheats who can't be killed
Wildlands came free with my new gpu. I've racked up less than an hour on this awful game. So many games are overhyped (Mafia 3) and turn out to be a dead loss.
I shan't waste any more money on battlefield games. At least wildlands was free.
I'd rather have received a £40 discount as the free game is worthless.
Other top flight steam games I've wasted money on. Deus ex, golf club 2, too many to list.

Use magic Report

12345Next
Back New
You have to log in before you can reply Login | register

Points Rules

返回顶部