Author: athelstan

World of Tanks

[Copy link]

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
27-11-2019 05:36:34 Mobile | Show all posts
In a long time I had a bash the other night and as always it's fun .
Reply Support Not support

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
27-11-2019 05:36:35 Mobile | Show all posts
Managed to kit out the T34-85 with the 100mm cannon. It is by far my best money maker. In one match I made 30k and this is non-premium. A few decent hits and it's 20k in the bank.

It's also damn good fun to play too as a peekaboo!

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
27-11-2019 05:36:36 Mobile | Show all posts
Unlocked Tiger a few days ago. Had a wrong idea about this tank as I thought I'll be able to drive around like a boss and shoot everyone in the face but to my disappointment I learned that Tiger has pretty crappy survivability. I was really disappointed as my VK 3601 could take more punishment but then I looked up a few tips and learned that Tiger has to be used as a sniper. After changing the game play style tonight I have to say that I'm starting to enjoy my new toy .

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
27-11-2019 05:36:37 Mobile | Show all posts
yeah i heard about this game but didnt see the appeal, maybe i'll have to try it out and see for myself!

Use magic Report

27-11-2019 05:36:38 Mobile | Show all posts
Yeah, it's the E-75 you need before you can annoy everyone by doing that (especially us KV-5 drivers, grrr).

The Tiger II is more rounded though, it does have strangely weak armour on the side of the turret when shot from the front but it'll bounce a fair number of shots off the glacis and is both well-armed and moderately maneuverable.

If you'd gone the other way it wouldn't have made much difference, the Tiger P is an easier tank but then the VK4502A is somewhat tricky to master as it's weaker gun and armour mean it can't slug it out with other tier 8 heavies.

And on another bright side, at least you're not driving an AMX M4 at the moment like I am. The tiger at least has enough armour to stop arty doing full damage most of the time and accelerates well even if the top speed is limited. My not yet upgraded AMX M4 is both extremely sluggish and very easy to kill.

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
27-11-2019 05:36:39 Mobile | Show all posts
I've unlocked but not bought the Tiger yet although I have the Tiger P and that's a sniping tank too with splendid frontal armour so as long as your sides are not exposed you can take a fair bit of punishment. I do struggle to make money with the Tiger P though, even the Panther with the long cannon needs a damn good game to turn in some credits. Are you making reasonable money with the Tiger?

The ARL 44 is probably my next purchase what with all matches with this tank having a 10% credit bonus this month.

Apart from all that I have done a very naughty thing.... I bought a Lowe. Yes, I know, I know, I know, £35 on an in game item, I must be insane. Wow, does this bad boy make money! It's great fun to play too. I like to think I'm contributing to the games future and keeping it free to play for those that like to dip in and out.

Seeing as I'm over 6000 battles on my service record and I'm still waiting for the British tanks it works out (roughly) about 1.6p a battle so far. I think I've justified (to myself at least) the expense!

In the same moment of madness I also bought a Churchill and with the rammer it's like a machine gun. Easily clear 10k profit per match and can take a pounding too.

Since having the Lowe the game has become far less grindy as I can play any tank I want knowing that any epic fails (and they do happen a lot) that make me lose money can easily be covered with a single match in a Lowe. The funny or saddening thing about the Lowe is that you do get the odd idiot giving abuse which I have never had in any other vehicle. Probably jealousy as I hit their ammo rack to one shot em!! haha

Anyway I'm waffling, I've just fired the game up now so if you see me in game say hello! Player name same as my ID here.

Use magic Report

27-11-2019 05:36:40 Mobile | Show all posts
The ARL44 is a lovely tank, it doesn't even need much in the way of upgrades to shine, just the 170 pen gun and the cheap tracks/turret.

I never got on with the Lowe myself, it mostly sits abandoned outside x5 XP weekends (for free XP) and I alternate between the KV-5 and T34 to make money. I'm surprised anyone is jealous of the Lowe these days, I thought the scourge of the Type59 was the love to hate topic at the moment.

A couple of the lower tier premiums are nice, I enjoy my Panzer B2, sadly no longer for sale, as it's the top of every game. My Panzer V/IV Alpha is head-turning with it's rarity and unique icon too, although I don't take it out much as explaining how I got it every game becomes tiresome.

I'd be up for an AVforums platoon too (or are we enough for a company?), again same username as here.

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
If the game is half decent then I get in-between 20k to 30k (on premium) but the actual payout depends on repairs and consumables & ammo resupply.

So what sort of payouts you get with that bad boy? I'm considering buying it.

So how did you get it?

Yea, I'd like to have some platoon action too. We could even use TS for proper coms.

Meanwhile, managed to get some credits together last night and bought Improved Ventilation for my Tiger. I had a spare Camo Net so put that on  as well but I've been reading that it really doesn't do much for Tiger? Had all the modules unlocked apart from Tier IX (870HP) engine but got that now as well so got all the goodies on it.

Got all crew on 100% and all have their 1st skill/perk at 73% so slowly getting better. Once I get more credits will drop Camo Net and most likely go for Spall Liner & Binocs.

P.S. Obviously now collecting experience for Tiger II.

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
On average I'm making 20-25k profit per match (non-premium), my best match so far resulted in about 50k profit. As long as you hit something you're good to go! If you're on premium it's rock and roll time. Even if you lose you can still make a stack of cash.

I've been playing it like a sniper, it's too slow for brawling but hang back and snipe away. The gun will penetrate just about anything and the aim time is really quick. The downside is that it is slow, if you get exposed you are a sitting duck for arty

I was going to get the KV-5 but with that R2D2 weak spot on the front, it wouldn't suit my play style so I opted for the Lowe.

Use magic Report

It was given to people who were community contributors during beta (moderators, translators, MrVic etc.)

The KV-5 has more tricks up it's sleeve. My favourite is exposing my side armour and trying to get enemies to shoot it, since it's equal or better than every tank except a Maus it'll stop most shots that hit it and it takes a few shots for most people to switch from the usual side armour = weak = shoot it! mentality.

A lot of people don't get on with it so the Lowe is probably a safer choice (is the IS-6 a more rounded choice now? The lowe is rather slow) if you're unsure but I'd driven (and loved) the Maus in beta so I knew I liked those sort of tanks.

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | register

Points Rules

返回顶部