View: 848|Reply: 14

New Keyboard / Mouse Required

[Copy link]

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
27-11-2019 21:51:39 Mobile | Show all posts |Read mode
Looking for recommendations on a Gaming Keyboard / Mouse combo.

Unless you can convince me there is a good reason not to, would like to stay wired.
Assuming it would be best to stick to the same brand
I use macros, and key re-configuration/binding.
Currently have a mechanical keyboard, so probably looking to retain that.

I currently have a Roccat Nyth which I have different profiles for different games, with the side buttons mapped

I currently have a Roccat Ryos MK Glow. Macro implementation could be a little slicker, and I like the easy-shift function where I can modify key bindings on the mouse by pressing a button on the mouse (or keyboard)

What I don't like is Roccats support - it is garbage. On more than one occasion things have just stopped working, and support/updates last for about 3 weeks after product launch. Through research and un-install/re-install I have got things working again most times, except this last time. The Ryos Keyboard driver just will not start on Win 10 64. It is also frustrating that even when it did work, Roccat did not add it to the Swarm software. A small amount of research shows it is a fairly consistent theme. I would quite like to get things working again, but frankly, I'm tired of having to mess around every once in a while and the fact they haven't added Ryos support to the Swarm software (which can't be difficult) irks me.

Any glowing recommendations for a new setup?

Thanks.

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
27-11-2019 21:51:40 Mobile | Show all posts
Im getting a K70 lux tomorrow (after my CM Quickfire Rapid TK died) so i'll let you know how it is.
Reply Support Not support

Use magic Report

27-11-2019 21:51:41 Mobile | Show all posts
After recently switching from the Razer family of products to Corsair, I have the Schmitar mouse and K70 deluxe. The schmitar is AMAZING for key binds (it has 14 programmable buttons) and takes a surprisingly small amount of time to get used to. The K70 is your standard mechanical keyboard, but works nicely when paired with other Corsair products through Utility Engine.

Use magic Report

27-11-2019 21:51:41 Mobile | Show all posts
Running full corsair setup.   

Highly recommend the corsair straffe mech keyboard, its mech without the click.   its fantastic as my wife would kill me if it was a klicky sound coming from my office at night.

With the corsair mouse, go to pc world and put your hand on them, the glaive is massive in your hand compared to others in the range.   Get something compfy that suits your need.   

The headset, void, is a cracking but of kit too.   

Also like the G series stuff by logitech.    The mice in particular are super nice.   

Put them all on a mm200 super wide mouse mat for lots of comfort.

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
27-11-2019 21:51:43 Mobile | Show all posts
Loving the K70 Lux, really decent mechanical keyboard.

Use magic Report

27-11-2019 21:51:44 Mobile | Show all posts
Logitech G502 is a great mouse, highly recommended!

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
27-11-2019 21:51:45 Mobile | Show all posts
For keyboards I have a blackwidow chroma at home and a blackwidow tournament edition in work. Cant fault either keyboard, solid build and the keys have lasted a gooood long while. My work keyboard has been in service since july 2016, 8-12 hours a day, 5 days a week *touch wood* no issues yet.

For mice, I havent found a mouse more comfortable than the Logitech MX Master. Not exactly a gaming mouse but it is incredibly comfortable, and the automatic glide scroll wheel is so very nice on it.

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
27-11-2019 21:51:46 Mobile | Show all posts
1 for Logitech mice. Totally rate them. The now discontinued G700S is the best mouse I've owned. Very quiet, silent side buttons and loads of options for gaming. I may even pick up a refurbed one as a backup!

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
27-11-2019 21:51:47 Mobile | Show all posts
I had the one before that and it and is a great mouse and it looked as though it was acting up so bought that one although checking something out with the old one it seemed and does work perfectly so the G502 on standby now. What I d like about the Logitech mouse is that there only one of 2 firms I believe that you can have a free spinning wheel so for e.g. if you open a page here and want to go to the last post I just spin the wheel rather than keep having to manually continually rotate it, or move the slider bar at the side.
I did find on the newer mouse the thumb buttons I use for back and forward page are a little to high but that because I'm use to the lower present ones.

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
27-11-2019 21:51:47 Mobile | Show all posts
I recently moved from a razer chroma to the Logitech gpro (wired) and am loving it. It’s worth keeping your eyes on the amazon deals especially around Black Friday as Logitech nice seem to be regularly reduced. (They must have some collab with amazon as they have amazon branded Logitech boxes with some Logitech products)

Use magic Report

12Next
Back New
You have to log in before you can reply Login | register

Points Rules

返回顶部