View: 634|Reply: 8

Quality Tower Case up to £350?

[Copy link]
27-11-2019 21:54:50 Mobile | Show all posts |Read mode
Can anybody recommend a good quality tower case with a budget of up to £350 including tax and shipping.

Must either be available in either black or white with no obtrusive accent colours, and be a classic rectangular design rather than something unusual like an open case or a case built into a desk.

Large is better. Plenty of room inside. Able to accommodate any motherboard, and some silly little toys that will ruin the airflow but will fulfill an overgrown manchild's silly desired to have a stupid themed PC.

Must have a basement/shroud that completely hides the PSU and is large enough to accommodate at at least two 3 3.5" WD Black HD. As well as tray storage for 2 SSD behind the motherboard (Must be able to add\remove SSD without effecting the motherboard).

For preference, a window rather than a full glass side, preferably with unobtrusive screws (Screwless would be better), rather than the large thumb screws that a lot of cases seem to come with these days.

Now here's the kicker, it absolutely must have space in the front for two 3.5" front bays, and these bays should be shrouded in some way, or at least have something to tidy them up. So that they don't stand out when viewed from the window. And a solid front is preferred over a mesh\glass one.

Cooling options ... haven't been finalized. The case will probably determine what size fans and\or radiators will be used. So lots of options would be nice. If there is some kind of radiator shroud on the top it might be useful (Hence preferring a window rater than a pure glass side.

RGB isn't important. Everything is going to be controlled form a Phanteks RGB hub connected to the motherboard.

Airflow ... isn't particularly important. I'm resolutely NOT going to be overclocking anything and I suspect that it will spend much of it's time doing this like browsing redit and playing Netflix. So long as it's not hermetically sealed it should be good.

Use magic Report

27-11-2019 21:54:51 Mobile | Show all posts
You'll be hard pushed to find a case that fits all your requirements (for instance - windowed cases tend not to have PSU shrouds and cases with a PSU shroud tend not to have optical drive bays). However Corsair, Fractal design (Define R5) and NZXT cases will likely be closest to your needs.
Reply Support Not support

Use magic Report

Author| 27-11-2019 21:54:52 Mobile | Show all posts
Hence reaching out to the community for help.

An R5 with a shroud, or an R6 with a Window would have been perfect. I guess that it might be simpler to get a window made up for an R6 than to have a shroud made for an R5 if it weren't for the 3.5" front bays.

Use magic Report

27-11-2019 21:54:53 Mobile | Show all posts
Actually the reverse is true shrouds are easier to make. A Corsair Obsidian 750D might be close or the Air 540 if you're into cube cases.

Use magic Report

Author| 27-11-2019 21:54:55 Mobile | Show all posts
Wouldn't making a window simply mean masking off some of the glass on a side panel?

Use magic Report

27-11-2019 21:54:56 Mobile | Show all posts
Sorry thought you meant cutting a window into a non-windowed side panel, not masking off a glass panel - which would be simpler. Having said that shrouds are easy to make from either acrylic or sheet steel.

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
27-11-2019 21:54:57 Mobile | Show all posts
The only thing i can think of - is the corsair 540
this is old build i did a while back , PSU , and 3.5 bay are both in the side compartment which you can't see
the only things on display are two 3.5 hhd drive bay that are located on the bottom , but i made a shroud to cover them , as well as adding a watch pump ,

but there's tone of space for what ever you need it for .

Use magic Report

27-11-2019 21:54:58 Mobile | Show all posts
Could try a Lian Li O11 dynamic, great case to work with and plenty of options.
There is a V2 out later on which improves the case further.
One of the best looking cases around imo.

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
27-11-2019 21:54:59 Mobile | Show all posts

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | register

Points Rules

返回顶部