27-11-2019 21:58:07 Mobile | Show all posts
Reply Support Not support

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
27-11-2019 21:58:08 Mobile | Show all posts
We have to maintain some perspective here and not overreact.

PCs still have superior game graphics to consoles. Investments in PC hardware are not wasted, those with GTX780's are going to play AAA titles at far higher resolutions and quality levels. It is fair to say that PC hardware is not taken full advantage off, it is a law of diminishing returns, however, we still have a far smoother and higher graphical fidelity than any console version, Titanfall, Watch_Dogs, Saints Row, Metro, Assassins Creed, Far Cry, Battlefield, Bioshock, Skyrim, Tomb Raider...... These series all look far better on top end PC hardware than on the consoles.

Your investment is not wasted, it is just not as efficient or optimised as it could be.

Reactions like Ubisoft hate PC gamers is also not true. Yes, they have intrusive DRM and yes they are prone to making up stories about how the PC is lead platform and then technically gimping the game (although see point 1, the game still runs better on high end hardware, just not as well as it could with more investment and care). However, they have run a lot of PC exclusive niche titles Might &  Magic series, Shootmania, Trackmania, the Anno series, Settlers series, Silent Hunter. If they hated PC gamers, why wouldn't they just ditch these niche titles?

Publishers like Ubisoft or EA or Activision Blizzard are massive companies, they are made up of thousands of individuals and I bet many of them are avid PC gamers, however, decisions have to be made on what is best for the company. In a decision between spending budget on high end PC post processing effects or squashing bugs for all versions, we know what decision will win out. Many high level decisions will probably be made by Executives, who are there based on business knowledge and not gaming knowledge. They don't hate the PC, they just see the selling demographics and weight our contribution to games development budget accordingly.

I said when the consoles specs were released that this time around, it is the first time that they are vastly underpowered to top PC's. There was nothing that can save the consoles, no API's, no OS overheads, no dev tricks, they are simply in raw numbers underwhelming. We should welcome this as PC gamers, as in the long term, more people are going to consider PC gaming for technical reasons, more developers are going to scale their games up to take advantage of the hardware, especially as we now have crowd funding/early access in full swing, look at the graphics in Elite or Star Citizen, Assetto Corsa for example. The PC platform has never looked so cost efficient for small to medium independent games companies.

My personal opinion is that the short term will be disappointing, typical big publisher AAA titles will be lacking in terms of PC optimisation. However, long term the big publishers are on a losing deal, consoles are dieing and the PC market is starting to boom. If they cannot cater to the PC gaming community, then someone else will and these developer companies (not publishers) are already in the process of doing so.

Sorry, it went on so long, and has little to do with The Division directly!

Use magic Report

27-11-2019 21:58:09 Mobile | Show all posts
Well if it wasnt for consoles a lot of the games we currently have on PC that look really good would look a hell of a lot better.

Edit
Im not bashing consoles, I have owned a lot of them and still have a working
PS1
PS2
Xbox
Xbox 360
Sega Megadrive

I still play PS2 games a lot.

PS
Playstation 1 was built like a fudgeing tank, the amount of punishment that thing took but kept on going.

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
27-11-2019 21:58:10 Mobile | Show all posts
Yeah indeed but we're also very spoiled these days with what we have, look back to PS1 how much moaning was there then? none. It was fantastic and prob one of the best times in gaming. Could never have imagined what we get now back then.
Cant forget what it takes to make these games, i had 90mins on watchdogs last night for first time in week or more and was times i was like "this is fudgein unreal"

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
27-11-2019 21:58:11 Mobile | Show all posts
Yeah, but there was no real internet forums in those days, so you couldn't spend your days at work being a keyboard warrior and whinging about everything. Back then you got gaming news once a month from CVG, awful games you would play anyway because you had no choice and the hardest part of setting up multiplayer was deciding who got the dodgy joypad.

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
27-11-2019 21:58:12 Mobile | Show all posts
This generation is going to gimp PC gaming more than last gen. At least the Xbox360 was comparable to a relatively high spec PC when it was released. These "next gen" consoles are 4 years behind the curve already and they are planned to last for up to another 10 years. Where will PC hardware be in 10 years ....lol

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
27-11-2019 21:58:14 Mobile | Show all posts

Use magic Report

27-11-2019 21:58:15 Mobile | Show all posts
Goddamnit, I swear to god if this game isnt ****ing perfect on the PC I am going to spam the idiots with pi**** off mail.

Use magic Report

27-11-2019 21:58:16 Mobile | Show all posts
Smaller than the actual PC monitor probably.

Edit
Depending on how loaded you are.

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
27-11-2019 21:58:17 Mobile | Show all posts
I'd start drafting your irate emails now in preparation

Use magic Report