NEWS: Pixel 4 and 4 XL smartphones launched at Google event

[Copy link]

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
27-11-2019 22:27:17 Mobile | Show all posts
Seems Google have messed up with the FaceID unlocking,

Pixel 4 Face Unlock works if eyes are shut                                                                                                        Google confirms its new security system may unlock a person's device even if their eyes are shut.                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                www.bbc.co.uk
Reply Support Not support

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
27-11-2019 22:27:18 Mobile | Show all posts
Pretty sure there’s an option to not allow that.

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
27-11-2019 22:27:19 Mobile | Show all posts
No, for some reason Google have omitted it from the release firmware.

https://twitter.com/i/web/status/1184850685587787776

Google even have a warning about it on their website.

Unlock your Pixel with your face - Pixel Phone Help                                                                                                        If you have a Pixel 4, you can use your face to: Unlock your phone Confirm payments Sign in to some apps                                                                                                                                                                                                        support.google.com

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
27-11-2019 22:27:20 Mobile | Show all posts
Don't really know why there is such a MASSIVE hub-bub around the eye's open issue.
We've had fingerprint sensors on phones for many years, way back in 2013 when Apple showed off their version and how amazingly secure it was apparently back then.

However, you could press someone's finger against it is they were drunk or sleeping, or hell just chop off their fingers if you really wanted to!

So, face un-lock works with eye's closed. Big whoop!
Seems like it's Apple Fanbois that are trying to make this into something.

However, yes, I would agree, it would still be nice to have that option in settings, which I'm sure will probably appear now, in time, given all the fuss.
But this will of course make it slower to unlock.
But, it would be good to have this option for the customer.

TBH if this is the biggest issue they have to pick on, it must be dam good on all other aspects.

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
27-11-2019 22:27:22 Mobile | Show all posts
Another thought.

Given the Maker? of the system has officially dropped the notch,
And we have some fancy pop up camera's on a few.

You think it's safe to come to the conclusion that, as far as Android is concerned the Notch is officially dead, and will faze out very soon as a very quick passing fad ?

Let's be honest, it's a bit of a dumb idea to cut into the display, you'd never want this on a Monitor or TV.

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
27-11-2019 22:27:23 Mobile | Show all posts
What a strange attitude. Having a phone that a child or other family member can unlock while you sleep (without even touching you, like trying to put your finger on the print reader example) is terribly insecure.

I haven't seen anyone but you mention Apple, are you the "fanbois" (sic) you're referring to?

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
27-11-2019 22:27:24 Mobile | Show all posts
Well I read and listen to many Apple and Android Forums/Podcasts, and have no allegiance to either.
I just notice the general chat and who'd making the loudest noise, and from what I see, whilst it's been mentioned on the Android side, it's vastly more strongly coming from the Apple side on this.

They are doing it this way for speed, as it's starting to get ready for the unlock from the second you start picking it up from the table.
As I say, given the noise, I'm sure there will be an option added in the future.

On the other side, I would like to suggest, if you live in your home, and your wife/girlfriend/child is going to take your phone, hold it near your face whilst you are sleeping in an attempt to unlock it and gain access, you have far more problems in your life to deal with than your mobile phone.

I'd like to get a Pixel 4 at some point.
Just having listened to a podcast with one the Pixel design/type people even they say it's very early days for the product. The hardware is now here and done, and now they are going to spend the time to add in and grow the software/abilities over time.

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
27-11-2019 22:27:25 Mobile | Show all posts
Lack of wide angle lens means this is a pass for me. Was looking forward to trying a Pixel but it looks like the P30 Pro will be my next handset.

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
27-11-2019 22:27:26 Mobile | Show all posts
I have to agree, it's a shame Google constantly apprears to be one step/year behind others re hardware

The had single camera when most had normal and Tele.
Now others have Normal, Tele, Wide. Google has Normal, Tele.

Likewise most get the new Snapdragon at the start of the year, and Google the same chip at the end of the year.

By that logic we'll get a Pixel 5 with a Wideangle and 865 in 12 months time.
Perhaps THAT will be the model that really feels like it's on a par finally?

Use magic Report

27-11-2019 22:27:27 Mobile | Show all posts
Was going to pick one of these up but seriously underwhelmed despite the draw a Pixel phone has for me.
Reviews I’ve watched now also indicate poor battery life (which I know can be improved in software but the standard Pixel is seriously under endowed in the battery dept) and a camera which, while still good, no longer has the big advantage image wise over its rivals.
For me, there’s just nothing here to tempt me this year.

Use magic Report

123Next
Back New
You have to log in before you can reply Login | register

Points Rules

返回顶部