123Next
Back New
View: 540|Reply: 22

NEWS: Huawei launches Google-less Mate 30 and Mate 30 Pro phones

[Copy link]
27-11-2019 22:32:51 Mobile | Show all posts |Read mode
Huawei launches their Mate 30 and Mate 30 Pro phones but there’s a Google shaped hole in amongst all the flagship hardware features.
Read the news.

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
27-11-2019 22:32:52 Mobile | Show all posts
I am in the market for a new phone at the moment, I have just added this to my short list. The absence of Google doesn't bother me in the slightest. My main concern is security and spyware with the new OS.
Lovely phone with great spec's but the price will have to come down a fair bit to entice the masses I think.
Reply Support Not support

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
27-11-2019 22:32:54 Mobile | Show all posts
This claim might well be true for a change. They are meant to be at least 6 months ahead of the competition, technologically speaking.

It will be interesting if the new OS is really good. The restriction on using Google's Apps might be the beginning of Google's own undoing. I would love to have a competing OS which is as good or better. Of course, if it is not up to scratch then HarmonyOS might  be dead before it begins.

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
27-11-2019 22:32:55 Mobile | Show all posts
I do not think by a second that the real reason it is the security thread that Huawei poses, that was an excuse. IMHO, it is just an economic war. USA will lose the control of the 5G and loads of money because of it. They are seriously lagging behind. One of their companies created the 5GE, E for evolution which is not 5G at all. If you cannot make it, fake it.

In addition, all of them are mining our private data with or without consent. They hide the opt-out options so that by default we are 'consenting'. Apple, Google, Microsoft, Amazon all of them are 'spying' they know more about ourselves than our own families.

The only app that I will miss, it is WhatsApp. I welcome the absence of facebook, instagram and the like.

The other plus of Huawei, it is the 5 bands of 5G. I love Samsung but they are a pain in the @. They disable their broadcom wifi chip if one goes on holidays to one the forbidding countries.

I have been toying with the idea of getting the Note 9 and 10 5G but I have been reluctant to buy them and then discover that I cannot use it in certain parts of the world.

Use magic Report

27-11-2019 22:32:56 Mobile | Show all posts
The Mate 30 phones are all running Android 10, not Harmony.

I agree though; a flagship phone that doesn't have Apple or Google involved should be an exciting event, but typically the media are saying no one will buy it without Google on it.  That said, it hasn't been confirmed which markets it will be released in, and it is pricey which surprised me.

Nice looking phones though, I really hope they do well; Google has as much to worry about here than Huawei.

Use magic Report

27-11-2019 22:32:57 Mobile | Show all posts
Way too expensive for what it is. Especially with no established eco system behind it. I’m sure it will do fine in its home market, and there will be a handful in the rest of the world using it. The rest will simply ignore it.
Granted, it has a big spec list. But without good apps and good use ability that doesn’t mean anything at all to me.
And With even tighter integration with the Huawei company I think it’s a recipe of disaster happening for personal information and data.

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
27-11-2019 22:32:58 Mobile | Show all posts
Is it just that they don’t ship with google, but can be added when in the hands of owners,
Or simply cannot be installed at all?

Oneplus 7 pro looks a cracking phone, just missing key features for me like wireless charging etc.

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
27-11-2019 22:32:59 Mobile | Show all posts
So no gmail? On your phone? Hmm, I wouldntspend all that money if I had to boot up my crusty old laptop just to read my mails every day.

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
27-11-2019 22:33:00 Mobile | Show all posts
What will be the difference with the like of Google, Apple, Microsoft, Facebook, Instagram, Twitter?

They already have your data and used it to manipulate people. Cambridge Analytica and AggregateIQ had no connection with Huawei.

Android has a very hidden option to allow your device to scan the wifi space even when the wifi is turn off. Most people will assume that if they turn wifi off that will be the end of it.

Use magic Report

27-11-2019 22:33:01 Mobile | Show all posts
We've already had threads about Huawei. Perhaps best to keep this to this Mate 30 Pro itself. As always do your own research, be careful not to mix up different issues though as the above has got a great mixture of very different issues yet are being presented as being the same.

Use magic Report

123Next
Back New
You have to log in before you can reply Login | register

Points Rules

返回顶部